So anyway.......Who's had the snip?

Al

The hospital bit is nothing to worry about the only thing i felt was the two injections either side of my plums which only lasted a couple of seconds, The rest you dont even now about.

Greedy git that I am I had it done twice! Keyhole the first time at an NHS funded private appointment. 20 mins relatively painless during and after. But unfortunately it didn't work. So general annesthetic and balls I could wheel round in a barrow was next. This time it worked but if I had to have it done again i'd go private and have keyhole again with a surgeon with a good rep.

I had a swelling removed from one of my testicles once. Was done under general anaesthetic, a much bigger operation; they make a much bigger cut in your scrotum.
I made myself ill trying to get riding again too fast. It's difficult, but you need to take it very easy for at least a month. If it's not healing, you're moving about too much. If you persist, you'll get an infection, which believe me, really hurts.

chris667":1qklvwzb said:
I had a swelling removed from one of my testicles once. Was done under general anaesthetic, a much bigger operation; they make a much bigger cut in your scrotum.
I made myself ill trying to get riding again too fast. It's difficult, but you need to take it very easy for at least a month. If it's not healing, you're moving about too much. If you persist, you'll get an infection, which believe me, really hurts.

Cheers Chris, Think i might give it another week yet just to be sure :cry:

Sorry didn't finish my post. I'd say minimum 10-14 days. As you will already have been told supportive pants are an absolute must. The tubes which get cut offer some support to your nuts and as a result they are now hanging like 2 footballs in a bin liner. Big build up of heat isn't going to help in the fight against infection so if you feel you can ride make it a short one. Good luck.

The good old unleaded conversion :LOL:

Was 2 weeks for me but took it easy, The pain did feel like some one had kicked you in the sweets and lasted a week,

I too hate opertaions and hospitals, I cant even watch casualty for fear of blood and guts but the op wasnt too bad and is worth it.

chris667":24amubpk said:
TMI!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Back