Snow riding

FluffyChicken":1c5qm4sk said:
As I seem to still not have a bike built up to use :oops: I just built snow castles in the garden using plant pots.

P.S. I though that we are suppose to ride RetroBikes in here :shock:

Mine is ;) 1999 model bought in 1998. Ten years old - just been fettled ;)

Nowt but slush now :(

Snow castles sound ace though!

M

Woke up like a kid this morning hoping for snow, just piss@d it down at Cannock Chase today, bloody cold too :cry:

I was out early today, thin covering of snow on the Dunstable Downs and a bitter Arctic wind. 2 hr ride, 2 hrs to defrost my feet. It was so cold that my camelbak tube froze and I had icycles hanging off my visor. Oh and my disc brakes froze :shock: That'll teach me for not taking the FRO out :LOL:

:D I think we all like snow ,but the times when you hit a patch of ice ,your front wheel starts to slide away and you plummet downwards chin first,hmmm not too sure about that :LOL: :LOL:

I went riding on this day .......... right after I cleared the driveway and the sidewalk.

Forest trails in the snow are amazing and there is a good area of tree covered trails 5 mins from my house to give a good 50km ride in the snow; not quite as deep as this.

Nothing beats night snow rides!!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_4933.JPG
    IMG_4933.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 723
Benandemu":3n166cuz said:
snow_004.jpg
:shock: beautiful
post-card motif :)

bagpipes":1dgxroht said:
I went riding on this day .......... right after I cleared the driveway and the sidewalk.

Forest trails in the snow are amazing and there is a good area of tree covered trails 5 mins from my house to give a good 50km ride in the snow; not quite as deep as this.

Nothing beats night snow rides!!!!!

Ah, I miss those 6ft Canadian snow banks! Good ol' Ontario :D

One week until summer here... and there's snow on the mountains I can see from my desk at work!

Not Unheard of in this part of Australia, but it doesn't happen very often.

A nasty cold front came through on Saturday, but it's t-shirt and shorts today!

Back