Small speakers suitable for retro hi-fi

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Thanks for the suggestions all: v.useful. I'm kind of resigned to take a hit on fidelity for a year or two, just to get things working again, and am quite intrigued by trying to hook up some of the modern satellite speakers that have proliferated (those Mordant Shorts look promising if a little hard to drive).

Did flat panel NXT speakers ever get anywhere?

Why no love of tubes LGF? Thought they'd be up your street with endless fettle-ability?

Yet looking round the bay, there are lots cool solid state amps for reasonable money: alway fancied a Pioneer A400, and would happily make room for another Aura amp .... oh no it's beginning again.

I did work with NXT when they were at the very early experimental stages, big plans were afoot but they seem to have fizzled away.

Really not a fan of valves. Had the Quad II for a short while but just wasnt that impressed.

Try these:

15" bass drivers with a db of 93

60kg each!

I had these for a short while too but they were too big for anywhere in the house!

JBL-5.jpg

doctor-bond":34ft788l said:
... would happily make room for another Aura amp .... oh no it's beginning again.

I have an Aura Evolution VA100 with black gloss facia. It will be for sale later on this year (as long as the builders get a move on).

Edit: and some Mission 760's on Cyrus stands

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
legrandefromage":rf11elos said:
I had some PMC LB1 bookshelf that blew me away but at £1500 S/H, they're not cheap.

gotta love the transmission line on those PMC's! I have some TDL Studio 2's at the moment, musical involvement and enjoyment is immense!

Latest posts

Back