Decent sound quality retro ish speaker recommendations pleas

Re:

Those speakers are nice but would need a bigger amplificator.

That depends how loud you want to play your music and how close you are to the speakers.

I had a pair of Dynaudio monitor/stand mount speakers rated at 86db per watt and considered quite hard to drive. I had these set up on my desk as PC speakers, so only a couple of feet away from my head, for a while and a little 20 watt Tripath amp would make them plenty loud enough in that situation.

On stands, hooked up to a couple of 350 watt power amps along with a sub woofer and you can recreate the full disco experience and really annoy the neighbours. :D

Re: Re:

xerxes":1khfqw4z said:
Those speakers are nice but would need a bigger amplificator.

That depends how loud you want to play your music and how close you are to the speakers.

I had a pair of Dynaudio monitor/stand mount speakers rated at 86db per watt and considered quite hard to drive. I had these set up on my desk as PC speakers, so only a couple of feet away from my head, for a while and a little 20 watt Tripath amp would make them plenty loud enough in that situation.

On stands, hooked up to a couple of 350 watt power amps along with a sub woofer and you can recreate the full disco experience and really annoy the neighbours. :D

And you get:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSINO6MKtco[/youtube]

They're only in my living room more because the telly i have is carp sound quality. I could have gone for a sound bar or surround system but this hides neatly away in my fish tank cupboard and speakers go nicely at either end of my couch. It's never going to be on loud! I wish! Maybe the odd time when I'm home alone it will get cranked right up to 11 and my best vocals probably over the top of music! But that is a very rare occasion. If I want loud I have to listen through my headphones. It's nowhere near the same as through speakers but my ears get what they need.

Latest posts

Back