Small (15-16") Aluminium MTB or women specific - SORTED

Fatal Swan

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I'm on the lookout for a MTB for a woman, either complete or as a project. Retro or modern should be fine, nothing high-performance is required, it will be used for comfort on the road and the occasional light track or path. It will need to be:

Reasonably lightweight (so aluminium, basically)
Shortish travel front suspension only (I'll replace forks if rigid)
Reasonable, working modernish components gears/brakes (and again, I can replace some parts if required)
Suitable for about 5' 5" height
Postable or collectable from the area I live (Hampshire) or drive around fairly regularly (Wiltshire, Somerset, Dorset, poss W. Sussex)

I don't have a particular budget in mind as I'm expecting to have to swap over some parts etc to make up the right bike, but I'm happy to consider anything that meets the criteria, or could be made to meet them with a little work. Cheaper the better, of course!

NOW SORTED, THANKS

I'm in South Somerset and got a Saracen Back Trax Pro Sports...

16" centre to top, just been rebuilt from a frame with pretty much all new kit or barely used second hand. Rigid forks at mo. New wheels, tyres, chain, BB, cassette., etc. Owes me £130 though so may be more than you wanted to spend.

Thanks for the reply - difficult to say without seeing a photo/full spec though it might just be a bit older than I'm after. (For ease of swapping parts I'm hoping for threadless rather than threaded headset, V-brakes rather than cantis etc.) If you've got modern parts on it though I'd be interested in details/photos (by PM if you like) since south Somerset is no problem at all for me.

i have a trek 6006 17inch frame all deore 27 kit on it, it has rigid forks at the moment, but i can replace them for some suspension forks for ya'
i am asking £130 posted if your interested? i can grab some pictures if you are :)

Back