(slightly late) 2017 Mayhem Project - Sintesi Hantrax

Re:

I bought one new in 96.Sintesi were linked to Marzocchi and Formula and had deals on framesets.I bit the bullet and bought the exact same frame as yours along with DH3s and first gen Formula discs.It was quite expensive but the frame wasnt great.I had it for 4 years and I had to replace the bushes annually.The suspension had very little travel.They never really took off and were overshadowed by the Bromont and the Bazooka.I was initially going for a Bazooka but got a seriously big discount on the Hantrax.I must try and dig out a few photos.

Re: Mayhem project

RickTheUncivil":129e5f1w said:
So for the time being this project has hit the wall (literally, its strapped up ont he wall out of the way) and the mayhem project looks destined to fail. Bit peeved to be honest, I hate it when a plan doesn't come together.

What a shame it won't make Mayhem. I guess you'll end up having to get the parts specially fabricated ?

Re: 2017 Mayhem Project - Sintesi Hantrax

If I find the bolt the game is on. The part isn't that tricky, it's only a bolt and nut but they are a funny size, so I'm hoping to get a close match over the counter and modify. The rest is easy, apart from the unfamiliar bike and the untested rear shock. I was hoping to have some running in time

Arent the pivot bolts countersunk stainless?I replaced a few bushes and shims on mine and got spare bolts with the bush/shim kits,I will have a dig tomorrow and see if I still have them.The rear shock was originally a Marzocchi unit.

The History Man":2bjklss5 said:
Have you got a pic of the bolt. the decommissioned fs broom has bolts/pivots going begging. they might suit.

Thats a kind offer, pillage the dead to feed the dying!

Its just a bolt really, its the low profile head and nut that are causing trouble really, the thread is irrelevent but the current one is ~M8 I think and has an unthreaded portion. I'll thry to persuade the drive side one out and take a snap / measure up.

Or you never know, I might find the missing bolt :(

Re: Re:

66 triumph daytona":27y6k1sf said:
I bought one new in 96.Sintesi were linked to Marzocchi and Formula and had deals on framesets.I bit the bullet and bought the exact same frame as yours along with DH3s and first gen Formula discs.It was quite expensive but the frame wasnt great.I had it for 4 years and I had to replace the bushes annually.The suspension had very little travel.They never really took off and were overshadowed by the Bromont and the Bazooka.I was initially going for a Bazooka but got a seriously big discount on the Hantrax.I must try and dig out a few photos.

Yeah I remember the bazooka well, but I never came across a hantrax before. I thought as a bit of an oddity it might be fun to bring to the show. The real bummer is that every comment from a previous rider / owner appears similar to yours - they suck :? There was another thread on here somewhere that I saw which used some rather unfavourable language.

Turns out the thread on the missing bolt wasn't irrelevant, the chainstay element is threaded. M8 fine so a quick trip to the local shop and job done. The shortest they had was a tad long but it will do for now and it means I can start thinking about this build again.

It fits, it moves, I can look at getting something a bit more aesthetic later.

Next bit, wheels in. Black LX hubs and D521 rims which used to be in a zaskar look ok and most importantly are clean and smooth spinning.

The brakes which came fitted on this were good looking XT 739 V's, but there was quite a bit of wiggle in the parallelogram bit so I'm not keen to use them. I have some later 750 V's which look ok and work great but just don't seem right, not shiny enough perhaps. So I'm on the lookout for some brakes I think.

Crankset is currently bathing in degreaser ready for fitting. Again, the LX crankset fixed was looking a bit tired and was short a tooth on one ring, so no worries changing that.

Decisions: brakes, shifters (8 or 9 speed would work), front mech. What colour cable outers?

And I still haven't shifted that rear mech. Think that's my next job really.

Attachments

• hantrax bolt1.jpg
    hantrax bolt1.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 902
  • hantrax bolt2.jpg
    hantrax bolt2.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 902
LoL ^^

If it was still running you'd have approx 10 months left ....
Any way finish it before Christmas as we want to see it out and about

And who knows what 2018 will bring in the way of events

Back