Skipton Social Aftermath

Cheers for a nice ride out, definitely going to make more of an effort to explore around these parts as its only a 10 min drive in the car away. Some very nice downs, the questionable bushes on the AMP are now shot to bits though, all part of the fun. :D

I will sort out my pictures at some point today.

Cheers Brian.

Cheers for a great day chaps I really enjoyed it and it was good to see you all again, and tanks for all the trades, see you all soon,
Lee.

Seventeen riders take to the hills around Skipton and shake, rattle and roll the twenty-one miles back to the start.
With fish, chips and beer on offer to keep the riders happy we may have to make this an annual event.
Picture007.jpg

Picture014.jpg

Picture026.jpg

Picture032.jpg

Picture065.jpg

Picture100.jpg

Picture102.jpg

Picture127.jpg

Picture132.jpg

Picture139.jpg

Picture164.jpg

Picture173.jpg

Picture187.jpg

Here's a link to the rest of the album :- http://s746.photobucket.com/albums/xx10 ... 20%202012/

A Very big thanks to the Skipton lads for a proper retro day out

That was a really good ride, that was. I think it should be an annual event but I'm biased because I know Skipton and Gargrave are the centres of the world! Sorry it's taken so long to report back, my broadband has been a pain.
I forget how eccentric the Dalesman Cafe is, they sell old ceramic plantpots I think I will go back and buy some some time. Good to see everybody and handy to have a ride so close to home.
I'm sorry we didn't get chance to ride up to Sharpe Haw, Flasby Fell Estate is one of my favourite places [Photo's enclosed to show what you all missed].
FirstRide.jpg

PICT0029.jpg

But if we'd gone that way we'd have missed the Ice Cream man in Gargrave and this time of year is the ideal time to have a canal ride because the Swallows are back [That last bit of canal before Gargrave was the first place I saw Swallows drinking on the wing, but not this time] and the Swans haven't started getting all violent and protective yet, like they will in another few weeks.
PICT3513.jpg

PICT3500.jpg

Sorry Rick, I couldn't resist putting this photo in but you did well getting up without pushing. Sometimes I forget how close to home steep starts!

PICT3488.jpg

I can't decide if this is a really bad picture or a really good one...

PICT3492.jpg

PICT3485.jpg

PICT3486.jpg

PICT3498.jpg

PICT3483.jpg

PICT3484.jpg

Beavis's Pine Mountain is a stirringly impressive bike. When I asked him how he kept it so clean he said that he thought it was dirty and then he pointed out rust that I couldn't see. Reminds me of what a Zolatone bike should look like.

PICT3510.jpg

Until I fed the camera into the computer I'd forgotten that we'd seen a steam train.

Thanks to Marc for the lift back and Edd for the lift there and for the carpark testride on his mint Saracen Tufftrax. Sorry that you weren't well enough to make it on the ride. When you called on the morning you didn't sound like you at all. If you'd been on the telephone I wouldn't have recognised you.

PICT3504.jpg

So I enjoyed it all, even wandering through Skipton at lunchtime trying to herd ElPedro, and remember been able to change your socks and bike at lunchtime is pleasure you can't measure!
See you all soon.
Rich.
PICT3480.jpg

More photo's here.
http://s1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee3 ... de%202012/

Back