Site Issues Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re:

Boom, boom, tish ......as I believe the typed version of the drum and symbals sound denoting a joke being made.

Why he was firedfromthecircus becomes plain. Your coat awaits you in the cloak room ;-)

Re:

Can’t seem to reply to a wanted ad I posted either in the post or by pm , just keep getting error messages no matter what I try , any ideas at all ?
Cheers Paul

Re:

Just listed a load of small parts (and uploaded photos to the site) using my iPad. Thanks again for sorting the image hosting issue. Massive improvement for a small tweak.

:cool:

Unfortunately though doing this brought up my other main grumble with the site. The arbitrary line between 1997/1998. This no longer makes sense (if it ever did) - 1998 is safely retro - it's mad having steel hardtails from the late 90s with 26" wheels and v-brakes lumped in with modern stuff... and it's a pain trying to work out which of my late 90s parts should go in which section...

Has this been done to death already? If so what was the conclusion?

Re:

it isnt going to change.

pre 97 is Cantis and forks that dont work, predominantly head-down-bum-up XC bikes.

Bombers and V-brakes changed things a lot

Re: Re:

cce":av77jo0h said:
Bombers and V-brakes changed things a lot

Hmm... To the rest of the world bombers and V-brakes are just as retro as cantis and rockshox/manitous/whatever...

1996:
file.php

1999:
file.php

2018 (and not really representative of the state of the art, just Kona's current take on a "classic hardtail"
explosif.jpg

Problem is, if you alter the cut-off date for retro or add a post retro forum say 1998 to 2000 there's going to be loads of old posts stranded in the wrong forum. It's strange to think in 20 years time a 42 year old bike won't be classed as retro.

Re:

rwm1962":1uwu5vie said:
Problem is, if you alter the cut-off date for retro or add a post retro forum say 1998 to 2000 there's going to be loads of old posts stranded in the wrong forum. It's strange to think in 20 years time a 42 year old bike won't be classed as retro.

Put everything in one category. It’s the retrobike forum, the discussion is going to be primarily retro, and in time it all gets old anyway.

1998 on isn’t modern, it’s a mixed bag, makes the forum confusing and hard to navigate. There are way too many categories and subsections anyway.

Hotwheels.":1ivtg1ei said:
The Auction Watch is still tits up.

That's annoying. Was working last time I checked. Everyone esle seeing the same issues ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back