Sirius - Roberts?

Some interesting bits in there, Poyner with Campagnolo, Possibly a Dolan (Solan) with Campagnolo (no picture), 4 saddles including a rolls and Trimatic, box of spares including 2 sets of Cinelli bars and stems.

Probably an estate sale, a couple of the bikes have the same name on the top tube. Maybe some bargains to be had if you’re in that area.

Bid online for a few items and didn't win any of them :LOL:

Van Nicholas went for £420, Poyner £200 and the Sirius £60.

Bid online for a few items and didn't win any of them :LOL:

Van Nicholas went for £420, Poyner £200 and the Sirius £60.
Unless you’ve seen them in person those prices seem quite strong? Still less than eBay prices but guess you’ve still got commission/tax to pay on top as well. I didn’t bid myself as it’s too far for me. The local auction rooms haven’t had many bargains for a while.

Unless you’ve seen them in person those prices seem quite strong? Still less than eBay prices but guess you’ve still got commission/tax to pay on top as well. I didn’t bid myself as it’s too far for me. The local auction rooms haven’t had many bargains for a while.

Yeah I was quite surprised. I think they all went to someone who was in the room so I guess they were able to inspect them. I was listening to the auction online, I was amazed at how much some of the non-bike related tat was selling for 🤯

Yep, it baffles me sometimes the prices people pay for tat. I don’t think it’s really changed over the years, I’ve been going to auctions since I was a teenager and there were always bargain weeks and others where the prices rocket. Literally depends on who is in the room. I’ve seen stubborn old buggers outbid each other to silly prices just to assert their dominance!

Van Nicholas is a pretty good price paid (+ commission) with a Veloce groupset provided frame wasn't damaged. No frame size or condition descriptions by auction houses, so it's remote bidder beware!

Back