Jack Taylor Tourer

Well, I went to view it and was in two minds.

For one, it was a lot bigger than I thought. Secondly, although I'm no expert on JT, it looked to me like it had been painted by JT but I'd be very surprised if he made it.

The rear rim was a different era to the front and the rear brake was severely binding.

The Coventry Eagle that was the next lot number was very tempting.

It was a cracker and, bar the tyres, was 100% original.
It hammered at £75 plus fees so it was £100.

A cracking piece of wall art for £100 imho. Yes, it could be ridden and, given the era of production, it was surprisingly light.

I so wanted the bell off it, never seen one before and the tone was great and the action was silky smooth.

It was a one off for the BBC. Even the underside of the mudguards were painted ! Doesn't look like it sold though.

Well, I went to view it and was in two minds.

For one, it was a lot bigger than I thought. Secondly, although I'm no expert on JT, it looked to me like it had been painted by JT but I'd be very surprised if he made it.

The rear rim was a different era to the front and the rear brake was severely binding.

The Coventry Eagle that was the next lot number was very tempting.

It was a cracker and, bar the tyres, was 100% original.
It hammered at £75 plus fees so it was £100.

A cracking piece of wall art for £100 imho. Yes, it could be ridden and, given the era of production, it was surprisingly light.

I so wanted the bell off it, never seen one before and the tone was great and the action was silky smooth.
I always forget to check the before and after lots! Looks like there was a nice/patinated Raleigh Superb as well a couple of lots after this for £100

Back