Singlespeed problems

you can't build a fully single speed whit out some type of chain device, the best for the job is the paul comp or the shimano alfino, thy both have to pullys and pull more chain.

melvind2full.png

AdamAsh":1phudd5q said:
Are you running ss on a full suspension with no type of chain tensioner?

I always thought that was a massive no-no due to the rear end moving about & creating/losing tension.
It's a Kona A, designed to be a single speed full susser, the swing arm pivots at the BB shell, eliminating chain growth, so no need for a tensioner

Andy B":24o6bdyp said:
AdamAsh":24o6bdyp said:
Are you running ss on a full suspension with no type of chain tensioner?

I always thought that was a massive no-no due to the rear end moving about & creating/losing tension.
It's a Kona A, designed to be a single speed full susser, the swing arm pivots at the BB shell, eliminating chain growth, so no need for a tensioner

this, its not a kona A, but its near on the same. its a kona cowan ds which is basically an updated slightly modified (beefier etc.) version of the A aimed at slopestyle.
yeah the seat stay pivot is concentric :cool:
not many full sus single speeds around it seems, this has vertical dropouts which sheldon says will need a tensioner but the dropouts slide so its all good :cool:

djoptix - you sure the background of the chain isnt making it look funny?
when i rode it it was tight enough (10min ride) but on the way back, doing jumps and stuff thats when it came off.
it had some movement when 'squeezed' but not much, like i said, when i put the chain back on i had to give a good few slams of the cranks to get it to sit back on the cog

suburbanreuben":24o6bdyp said:
Ey up,
Ihave a couple of cogs in very good nick, a 16T and a 17T, available for £3 each, posted. I can chuck the spacers in for another £3 if you're interested.
Cheers, Nick
will pm you ;)

Back