Silverfish 1987 Yeti FRO - NOW FINISHED - spec sheet pg 21

Hi D, maybe interested in this TT bar? It has some scratches, dings and dongs, I don't know the correct words in english. Inside barends protection. If so PM'd me.

6511538427_ca6189db32_z.jpg

more pics are here, scroll down:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kadaverfleischwald/sets/72157626758275812/detail/?page=2

Michael

BMX4130 - after your first pic have now got my heart set on White :cry:

I've got a great idea though - why not run the black TT bars on your Yeti (they would look awesome), and sell me your White ones :LOL:

No no, the white one isn't available. As I started a search after a white bar for my fro, I didn't know that true temper has white, yellow and blue ones. I was looking for a white answer taperlite and Pieter "spikes" offered the white one to me and I was happy. Thanks Pieter ;)

D, just buy the black TT bar and have it refinished.

Attachments

• Cars 622.jpg
    Cars 622.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 1,665
I could do that but I'm not sure how good a modern stickered version will look compared to the original. Let me chew it over

Sinnerman, you know someone down our way who does quality P/C work? And quality anodising?

Silverfish":1mw40w2t said:
Yeah no worrrries. It would have been rude of me not to ask :D

Hi D, no problems, I understand it so as you said :LOL:
In the next days/week I get a blue one. Hope it looks great.

sinnerman":1mw40w2t said:
D, just buy the black TT bar and have it refinished.

Refinished without logos? Then he can take a Tioga Prestige bar and paint it white. Is cheaper.

Silverfish":9ts6gomq said:
I could do that but I'm not sure how good a modern stickered version will look compared to the original. Let me chew it over

Sinnerman, you know someone down our way who does quality P/C work? And quality anodising?

the original decals can be replicated with 100% accuracy, Especially as its a white bar with black decals, then a good level of clear coat over the top.

they will look better than the original finish imho too.

pm sent.

bmx4130crmo":12psc77i said:
does anyone know, if the round top tube only was used in 1986 or so long as the bmx headtube and simplex drop outs was used? who by yeti cycles said: "ok, today we build a fro with round and tomorow we take an oval top tube." I've a round top tube fro and the seller has said it is from 1988.

cheers

I also have a round top-tubed FRO.

I visited the factory in 1995 in Durango and asked about the origins and was told they ran out of oval tubing so made a few with the round tubes.

Yours is the only other I've heard about. I'm not sure on the age of mine, but somewhere around 1986-88 sounds about right.

Nice FRO, silverfish!

Latest posts

Back