Vit-T 022.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 2,983
  • Vit-T 015.jpg
    Vit-T 015.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 2,983
My old Hei Hei now the property of Rojo :cool:

IMGP1351.jpg

KHS built by Litespeed.

This is a very fast bike. As I overtake people on climbs, they tell me that the rear triangle visibly flexes up and down. And yet it is a very fast climber with very direct power transfer, so you feel no flex along the chainstay, just laterally. That's obviously a good thing, but perhaps the downside of it being such a light frame (3.1lbs for this size) is a slight vagueness in steering - albeit that is much reduced now that it has a Fox fork rather than the SID pictured. The weight, and possibly the ride quality, is typical of Litespeeds of that time. I haven't ridden a Hei Hei or comparable c3.5lb ti frame, but it would be interesting to know whether or not a heavier/stiffer spec produces an even faster ride.

main.php

My Vit-T2 :)
Wonderful bike. Recently repaired in the BB area due to massive crack along a weld. Back to perfection now; if only the same could be said about the owner :LOL:
Shown here in commuter mode.

IMGP2291.jpg

I think as well as the ti frames, the quality of the kit mounted to them is nearly always second to none.

Mine the first Xizang, a 16" '92 model, I have some nicer bits to hang off it so it's still very much a work in progress.

dsc02369d.jpg

1997 Kona King Kahuna:
Probably the best example of any bike that instantly felt correct on the first outing.

Fantastic climber and confident handling. Well poised with those 63mm travel Rollin' Green SIDs fettled by Tim Flooks.

Pip
KingKahuna200211_1fl.jpg

1998 Kona Hei Hei.
I realise that some members may not approve of my choice of build, but this is superb to ride.
Pip.
1998HeiHei010811f.jpg

Back