Show us your marins!

Nearly there with my nail trail, just waiting on a cassette and shifters. This started as a frame then went through some bits and pieces I had laying around to build it up.

The MSport forks are for my Indian Fire Trail and are the first elastomer forks I have really done much with. They have new seals and elastomer and seems to be rebounding quite well. They were a bit of a pain though. The decals are new as well. Should look and ride well.

Attachments

• IMG_20240304_132133_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240304_132133_HDR.jpg
    602.1 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_20240304_132024_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240304_132024_HDR.jpg
    755.1 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_20240304_131952_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240304_131952_HDR.jpg
    568.8 KB · Views: 27
Nearly there with my nail trail, just waiting on a cassette and shifters. This started as a frame then went through some bits and pieces I had laying around to build it up.

The MSport forks are for my Indian Fire Trail and are the first elastomer forks I have really done much with. They have new seals and elastomer and seems to be rebounding quite well. They were a bit of a pain though. The decals are new as well. Should look and ride well.
Don't forget these when working on it or riding it in the sunshine!
Download (6).jpeg

Finally finished my zolatone Palisades minus a bit of fettling! Thanks Hezza for the circlip stem help, I got a new one on there and unbunged up the wheel without too much fuss. It didn’t quite clean up as well as I would’ve liked, as everything was quite caked and corroded, but still, I quite like it a bit ratty.

Attachments

• IMG_5621.jpeg
    IMG_5621.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_5620.jpeg
    IMG_5620.jpeg
    633.6 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_5619.jpeg
    IMG_5619.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 28
Finally finished my zolatone Palisades minus a bit of fettling! Thanks Hezza for the circlip stem help, I got a new one on there and unbunged up the wheel without too much fuss. It didn’t quite clean up as well as I would’ve liked, as everything was quite caked and corroded, but still, I quite like it a bit ratty.
The old Zolatone finish with the neon paint are the best looking Marin bikes in my opinion. Good job there.

Nearly finished this 93 Indian Fire Trail. Final polish then the pedals to complete the bike. I am not sure what decals to put on. I prefer both the 92 and 94 decals to the 93. Any advice would be appreciated.
Oh my, that is a shiny frame.
Concerning the decals: I rather prefer the 92 style with the small model name to the “hey look at me” style of 94.

Last edited:
Back