Show us your marins!

I’m currently working on this very tired 90 palisades. Does anymore know if these cable feed wheels on the stem are meant to rotate? Not sure if they’re fixed or it’s seizedView attachment 821521!
They should rotate. They pin can get a bit bunged up. Pop the circlip off - careful not to lose it. Push the pin out clean, regrease and reassemble. It should turn easily.

I really rate these Zolatone paint finishes.

They should rotate. They pin can get a bit bunged up. Pop the circlip off - careful not to lose it. Push the pin out clean, regrease and reassemble. It should turn easily.

I really rate these Zolatone paint finishes.
Thanks for the advice, I was hoping you weren’t gonna say that as it looks fiddly! I do love the Zolatone, it’s a little rusty though. I’ll post pics when it’s all complete

Thanks for the advice, I was hoping you weren’t gonna say that as it looks fiddly! I do love the Zolatone, it’s a little rusty though. I’ll post pics when it’s all complete
Of all the jobs you can do on one of these old Marin's I would say that it is one of the easiest. I use a small flat head screwdriver to get the circlip out then use the flat part to push the pin part way out, then just pull/prise the rest of the way. The wheel will just drop out. Clean and regrease and then just pop back in, replace the pin and circlip and all done. The other option you can try if you don't want to remove would be to try using GT85, spray and turn the wheel to free it off. Removing and re-greasing would be my preference though.

Looking forward to the pics.

Think this one was too far gone, so much rust the clip just snapped with minimal contact. Looks like I’ll have to get a replacement stem!

Think this one was too far gone, so much rust the clip just snapped with minimal contact. Looks like I’ll have to get a replacement stem!
Is it the circlip that had snapped?

Yes the little clip that keeps the pin in place. Are these things sold anywhere?
If you have a Toolstation near you they sell a box of eclips for less than £3. It is a mixed box. I could do with some myself so will buy some and let you know if any fit.

Back