Show us (your) 80's mountain bikes !

OK..somehow I seen to have missed this thread :shock:
In reverse chronological order:

1989 Kirk Precision. The mountainbike version of their original road bike. It's basically a 26" wheeled cyclocross bike. Very little tyre clearance and a stupid low BB, but a great ride:

P7030926copy_zpse52545da.jpg

1986 Overbury's Pioneer XC in its 'blackcurrant' anti-scally paint on a foggy day on Otterspool Prom 1988. Currently stripped awaiting time to restore to original 2-tone blue:

scan0017-1.jpg

1985 Overbury's Cross Fell. Almost completely original slack angled classic. Fun but hard work compared to the UK inspired Pioneer that followed:

ad7b7fc7.jpg

1985 Highpath. The ultimate gentleman's cross country bicycle. Astronomically expensive BITD and rare. I still can't really believe that I have one to ride:

7179cd78.jpg

I love them all dearly, but the Pioneer XC was my first mountainbike, bought with dole money saved up for 9 months, some of my best mountainbiking times have been shared with that bike. I'd go back in to rescue it from a fire...it's like a brother to me.

All the best,

karlomanx":fy94qe30 said:
Most of the bikes seen on RB were made in the nineties.
So let's see those machines from the decade before even if they're not yours and even more so if they're from the early to mid '80's (lugs, high rise stems and/or handlebars, slack angles).

I don't currently own one but here's some that I find very sexy :

A Lennard Zinn owned by member sho220
Lennard%20Zinn%20mid%2080%27s%20001.jpg
Updated pic :)

IMG_2609_zpsc54c00b6.jpg

Re:

I love bikes with 24" wheels !

The update of my 1987 Fat Chance :D

Re:

heres my latest 80s mtb, a dawes cougar reynolds 531 frame and fork, one owner from new and with its original bill of sale and manuals, just replaced the tyres, the oap owner told me it had done less than 300 miles in its life, just hung up in his garage.

Attachments

• photo.PNG
    photo.PNG
    181.8 KB · Views: 616
  • photo (1).PNG
    photo (1).PNG
    115.1 KB · Views: 614
Back