Show us Ya Citrus Fruit! (Orange Content)

brocklanders023":15jw1opq said:
Don't think I'll ever stop kicking myself for not getting in on your Prestige first. Special bike. :cool:

I know that feeling :( It has happend too many times to me with this hobby before despite my Grandad telling me once that 'he who hesitates is lost', (though I'm not sure he was talking about retro bikes at the time!)

You already have first dibs if I ever sell it. :D

My recently acquired 1995 C16-R (thanks MikeC!) singlespeed. The frame has been professionally converted to SS by Argos, so there's no going back to all that derailleur malarkey! This is the only pic I have at the moment. Mike did send me loads before I bought the bike but I deleted them :oops:

This picture doesn't do the colour much justice. Think 'Jaffa Cake Orange' and you'll get the idea.

DSC00784.jpg

G'Day all,
This is my first post here on this top site.
I pretty much joined up because I have been re-united with my first MTB.
I was back packing round Europe 89-90 and stopped in London for a couple of years working various jobs etc. A few of us bought MTB's One a Lloyd custom with Campag, another a Kona Cynder Cone and me and my 19" Orange Clockwork. I decided to go British and ordered it from a smallish shop around Battersea or Wandsworth area.
From memory you chose the frame either clockwork, Prestige or Aluminum O, Aluminum was a bit "New and untested" for me and I decided to go with steel. All parts were chosen by the customer which was something I liked, I optioned the slightly "fatter" fork and instead of the standard stalk stem I went for an alloy one (that broke later).
Componentry was shimano DX. Specialized control tyres standard.
That year I competed in the "West London MTB winter series" My first MTB race. It was held in conjunction with what looked to be a round of the national cyclocross series, coz David Baker was there for Raleigh. I used co catch the tube to usually the end of the line somewhere and ride like mad to get to the start in time!
I returned to OZ in December 92 with all my stuff in tea chests and the bike packaged somehow.
I continued my racing and bought a GT Avalanche, sold the Orange to a mate who used it as a "pub bike" who sold it to another mate of mine, (who also used it as a commuter/pub bike). This mate of mine decided last week that I should have it back and gave it to me!
I am STOKED to say the least! It will be a long term project as funds are scarce but because most parts are still, original-ish, I will start with decals and paint.
Hopefully I will be able to post some progress pictures as things happen.
Cheers

Back