Show Me Your Tiny Bikes...

Iwasgoodonce

Old School Grand Master
...Please. I'm undecided what to do as a new bike for my son. He is nearly eight but quite tall and growing like a weed! He has already just about outgrown his Islabike and will soon need a new one.
The next Islabike up is an option. He has mastered the rear gears and is ready to start with more ratios at the front. The Islabike doesn't have them. Neither does it have suspension which may be of an advantage soon.
His current bike comes highly recommended but I have a plan to build him something retro!
A 12 or 13" frame, 26" wheels and simple low travel light suspension forks. All I will need then are 165mm or shorter cranks and we're away! Vee brakes offer all the stopping he'll need so retro it is!

Go on, tempt me to get another retro bike from here!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Little Rockhopper - not that I'm parting with mine right now but they come in a very small size frame.

this is my 9yr old daughters spesh hotrock...........

IMG_0044.jpg

IMG_0043.jpg

it's been modified a little :D it's got 20" wheels , they do a 24" wheel version too ;)

I picked up a Kona Hula from fleabay. a real bike in a 24inch wheel size, just the thing to encourage a youngster rather than a heavy weight copy of a MTB. My daughter loves it coz it's sound like dads Kula. :D
Scott did a nice 24inch wheel MTB, as do Giant.

I've just got this for my little-un.

a Raleigh Baddmax.

Well She is 10 next month and I know its a boys bike but she wanted one like mine, after trying a few out for size in a well known motoring superstore, she decided that she wanted a boyish bike!

Im just tarting it up at the moment and spraying parts of it purple and removing the boyish decals.

Ive rode it around the close and it actually feels very good. :D :D

382269445_o.jpg

Ill make a rebuld thread about it soon :D

Thanks people. That clockwork is nice! The Islabikes are very good and she offers a buyback option. Trouble is she's moved a lot further from my house. He will want suspension soon. I would have at eight!

Back