Shogun Trailbreaker 1

Nice to see Shogun getting some attention, That's a fairly low end model looking at it & given that & the fact it has V brakes I'd date it somewhere around 98-99ish but not 100% sure. Have you looked at the frame number (usually under the bottom bracket) as that might provide a clue.
Shogun made some really decent riding bikes for the price, the quality & finish of the frame/forks were a strong point IMO. Looks to be in nice shape too, what's your plans for it?

It’s the Cr-mo frame so from what I’ve read shoguns were decent which was the main reason I got it. Going to strip it back and convert it to single speed for commuting.

Ah, doesn't make a lot of sense to me either lol IIRC the number on mine is quite different! Should make a good stealthy lightweight commuter & if the frame's half as lively as mine it'll become a fast favourite. Let's see it in it's new life when you get a chance :)

Will do...
After another inspection the serial number is either P8GK27040 or D8GK070. Based on the limited info online the 8 may indicate 1998...not sure.

Also contacted the store it was purchased from who happen to still be about to see if they can shed any light on it...will wait and see.

I've started pulling off all the old components so let the fun begin.... :)

Don't know much about Shoguns, but I've seen a few late 80s models that looked great.

Frame looks very clean, what are your plans?

Going to strip it back and convert it to single speed.

Ren Rawbor, spoke with the shop it was purchased from who said that they don’t have the catalogue for that year but it would be from 1998.

Back