Shogun Trail Breaker

The bike came with cantilever brakes front and back originally , so you should have no problems fitting them ?

Boyetiful ( above ) has fitted Suntour Self Energisers to his Shogun , I would recommend them on the rear , particularly at the

low price being offered at SJS Cycles . Good luck with your project

Ok nearly 7 years since the last post. Here goes
My 1996/97 or thereabouts trailbreaker 1 , original splatter paint job that is about to get a full freshen up and a “I don't care how much it costs attitude of restomodding”. Still cheaper to have this as a toy than my V8.

Owned since new, looked after well, hung up in the shed when I joined the Army And now it’s out, just has a tad of light surface rust due to a leak in the garage.

26 inch, so far put on new tyres, 18 spd gears are all working well, although I know I rode about 30-40,000 km on the original chain with no issues,
I’d degrease and reoil it and all the components every month,

So will get a new chain,and pedals next week.

ordered new handlebars and an adjustable stem.
I replaced seat post to an aluminium one years ago.

Ideally it will be a fun bike to hoon around the river, go for a coffee and ultimately just have fun. I’m by no means A Lycra enthusiast, but will ride it to get my fitness up as I build a more modern machine for the Munda biddi trail - a 1000km ride in Western Australia.

To others it might be a junker, but to me it was my first real freedom machine.

Attachments

• 179A9BF2-B851-460C-9B44-EE85226B4AFC.jpeg
    179A9BF2-B851-460C-9B44-EE85226B4AFC.jpeg
    732.3 KB · Views: 12
Back