shimano 600 tricolour 6400 groupset plus many more bits.

diggerpitt

Dirt Disciple
*Just reposted this as I dont know if I succeeded in posting my original advert.
Hi I have for sale a stripped down vitus 979 that I came off some 20 odd years ago. I had only done between 500-1000 miles on her. The bike was then stored on my dads house and remained there until about a year ago. I then decided to strip the bike down with a view to buying a new frame.There are still the original vittoria tubs fitted with hardly any wear although I believe the front one is punctured.The brake block are original and again show hardly any wear.Everything is in very good condition.One point to note and that is the barrel thumb adjuster on the rear derailleur for some reason has caused the thread inside the derailleur to wear meaning that there isnt much adjustment in it. How this occurred I do not know. The only thing I can think of is that it may have been cross threaded when I had the bike originally built.This isnt a problem as the derailleur itself is fine and Ive been advised that the barrel adjuster can be bonded in place and a new adjuster fitted under the down tube shifter.So now all these bits are up for sale, and include:
Shimano 600 tricolour dating from the early 90s:
Chainset,brake calipers,brake & gear levers,rear and front mech,campag seat post,san marco white leather saddle,gp4 rims with 600 hubs,original vittoria tubs chain.Cinelli XA quill stem and bars,bottom bracket,headset and look carbon pedals, oh and a damaged vitus 979 frame.I was very reluctant to part with it but it now has to go.

I'd like to sell the lot so I'm asking for £280 frame included.Not too sure on the price.Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• groupo.jpg
    groupo.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 952
Thank you both for your interest.If you wouldnt mind I would like to leave the advert as it stands at the moment as I would prefer to sell complete.However should I not sell I would be happy to split.What would you be happy to give for the compenents you are interested in.The wheels have 6400 hubs and are like new.There are signs of use on the braking surface.The wheels run true and spin for ever.The hubs themselves are gleaming.I shall send you both pics relating to the parts your interested in.Cheers

Re:

I would be interested in the bb chainset rear mech and shifters possibly the calipers price depending

Ok thanks.Any chance you could PM me with a price you would be happy to pay.I feel that my inexperience in pricing may be scaring people off.Im happy to research the price of the items you are interested in.Fancy an early 1990s Peugeot team line 1000 grisley mtb too? :)

Hi the frame is 56cm.Please make sure you read my description. I have photos of the damage should you be interested.
Thanks

Sorry I'm in Cwmbran,missed that bit.I also have a peugeot grisley mtb dating from the early 90s for sale on here too if your interested.Cheers

Back