Shimano 105 7 Speed Gruppo - withdrawn from sale

Re: 105 groupset

Theeb":tunv1rq8 said:
I'll have the groupset please, if it's not taken yet.
PM coming.

I already expressed interest in the groupset, subject to having a question answered by the seller.

I believe that normal forum etiquette would give me first offer on this?

Ernst

I plead ignorance on these matters. If that's the way the forum works, then that's that.
I was merely saying i'd like the groupset if possible.
Tim

I already expressed interest in the groupset, subject to having a question answered by the seller.

Yes but your question is really a technical one and not a question about what's being sold eg length of cranks/no of teeth. And the answer to question is not straightforward because it depends on what you mean by 'works' and 'modern' - and the many v v knowledgable forum lurkers have refrained from giving you an answer - probably for that reason - and also if you don't know and can't be bothered to find out then you probably aren't up to this. Frankly if you want to use indexed handlebar mounted shifters/brakes you're better off buying a 'normal' 'modern' mechs of same/simlar vintage as opposed to causing yourself problems with 'time lord' type combinations.

Up to the seller though.

Bit harsh, if the front mech is 1055 it won't work with STIs, if it's 1056 it should - at least that's what I've been told by what I believe to be a reliable source recently! :D

Pretty technical I reckon!

I'm guessing it shouldn't make any odds on the rear mech, but I've no real knowledge to back that up so perhaps not to be relied upon :? :LOL:

Sheldon is - as always - your best friend ;)

Ajax Bay":47y9yvpn said:

Yes but your question is really a technical one and not a question about what's being sold eg length of cranks/no of teeth. And the answer to question is not straightforward because it depends on what you mean by 'works' and 'modern' - and the many v v knowledgable forum lurkers have refrained from giving you an answer - probably for that reason - and also if you don't know and can't be bothered to find out then you probably aren't up to this. Frankly if you want to use indexed handlebar mounted shifters/brakes you're better off buying a 'normal' 'modern' mechs of same/simlar vintage as opposed to causing yourself problems with 'time lord' type combinations.
Up to the seller though.

Interesting response Ajax. I can only guess that you've had a taxing day, and will therefore make allowances.

I thought it was a reasonable question, posed to what I hoped would be a helpful knowledgeable community.( Thanks elPedro for the info). I have done a lot of research but without knowing the exact model ( they seem to be 105 SC) then it's hard to tell. I thought that the seller might be able to provide some info to help.

This forum is pre 1998? Shimano STI levers were around well before then so should fall within the scope of our discussions.

Ernst

Ernst,
I've just realised (genuinely, although I don't expect anyone to believe me :LOL:) that if you were to buy the groupset and not need the brake levers...

You know where I'm going with this ;)

elPedro666":32dvzztl said:
Ernst,
I've just realised (genuinely, although I don't expect anyone to believe me :LOL:) that if you were to buy the groupset and not need the brake levers...

You know where I'm going with this ;)

That's a good point! I'm sure there was an earlier post where someone was interested in the brake levers :roll:

always nice to see a complete group rather than bits cobbled together.... mr. shimano designed this to be compatible... so perhaps find a 'modern' complete group that you know will work...it's not like they are scarce on the ground :cool:

my 10 cents worth...( after a few abandoned experiments with early DA vs newer 600 etc etc )

elPedro666":33836b6d said:
Bit harsh, if the front mech is 1055 it won't work with STIs, if it's 1056 it should - at least that's what I've been told by what I believe to be a reliable source recently! :D

Pretty technical I reckon!

I'm guessing it shouldn't make any odds on the rear mech, but I've no real knowledge to back that up so perhaps not to be relied upon :? :LOL:

Sheldon is - as always - your best friend ;)

reliable source my *ss! looks a bargain, is it all sold yet?

Back