Shed tidy, ideas for storing outer cables

W7Ford

Kona Fan
Feedback
View
How do those of you with larger collections store pre-cut lengths of brake and gear cable? Mine are shoved in a tool box drawer, but some are a bit long and like to spring out at every opportunity.

I’ve used all of the following and can’t say any is better than the other. All of them need either lengths short enough to fit in or long enough to be coiled (for outers).

Office box file
Extra large Tupperware
Boot size shoe box

Sitting on the thunder box the other day, this idea came out.
Bog roll holders.
Wall mounted or the floor standing sort .You know the type you piss over the spare rolls at 3 in the morning

I have a large le creuset stoneware jar that was free as it was cracked . They all stick out of that like a flower arrangement brightening up my shed. The advantage is you can immediately see colours types and lengths and select accordingly. And it looks beautiful too. Every workshop should have one.

If it's long enough to loop it goes in a drawer with others.

A THM Top Tip.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Latest posts

Back