Shed Security - Bast**ds almsot got away with it

I have one of those Almax chains and a ground anchor. They are the business.

I also have a "sacrificial bike". It looks decent enough to be nickable (ie: it's clean and has front suspension) and if someone breaks in to my garage they are welcome to in favour of all the muddy ones.

I am super paranoid though. When we go away, the garage key comes with me; the power to the remote door is always off; I come home down a footpath when on an expensive bike to make it harder to follow me, etc. I think my biggest fear is being mugged on the street / trails for a bike.

I would like to point out a friend had a Merlin and a titus http://www.moredirt.co.uk/trail_info.php?id=78
from inside his house.
Myself, well i have a fairly substantial shed 10x13 15mm t&g sides no windows and a single door i have used coach bolts and have 2 serious padlocks 1 Yale and 1 titanium job, also have a alarm and inside 4 bikes are locked to another bike that is set up on a turbo, with 1 of those mega chunky chains.
So if they want my bikes they will have to lift 5 bikes and get them through a single door. Also have a baseball bat by the french doors ;)

i actually followed one of my stolen bikes home once.

told the law the address, and they said they'd "look into it"

yeah cheers officer. thanks.

Had a call from the local police today, they were not too surprised as there has been a speight of bike thefts from sheds on our road recently.. :shock:

Nice of them to let us know,

I have an overwhelming sense of relief and good fortune at the moment as none of the bikes were nicked, hence to say they are all living in the house now.

Still gonna put an alarm on the shed, would like to know if they try it again and maybe catch them at it.

Cass

Cass":3ixuqovw said:
My Hei Hei normally stays indoors but the missus wanted it out of the house, only put it in there 2 days ago, :shock:

There the sort of coincidents (spelling) I dont like.....

recentley started keeping my bikes in my shed and am not happy but it stop her in doors moaning. You cant stop people taking them all you can do is make it as difficult as possible. Lots of locks, atached to as many things as possible and make it as hard as possible to get out of your garden. Anything to slow them down.

Also remember as mentioned before its no good having a massive chain and lock if all they have to do is unscrew your doors then lift your bikes up and put them in a van.

Back