Shed Security - Bast**ds almsot got away with it

One of those alarms would be a start, some of the bikes are off to the in-law's garage and the other 2 are coming inside for the time being.

Police can't do much, no point sending anyone round as they wouldn't be able to get any prints etc.

Anti-burglar paint on the top of the fence maybe, at least I can ruin they're designer tracksuits.

As already said if they're determinded enough they'll get in.

Put a Jack in the shed.

Jack%20Bauer%20season%207%20of%2024.jpg

Only protection against thieving scum.
:cry:

Had my shed broken into and had two mountain bikes nicked 5 years ago while on holiday..............that shed has now gone and a mate built a large concrete block one for me, I did the doors ( double skin plywood with a sheet of galvanised steel in between) and roof, and I put up 2 PIR`s, the whole thing cost me £4000.

Its quite a bit of cash but what value do you put on yer bikes etc ?

albash82":z0jmbf3u said:
make sure the hinges are as secure as they can be. years ago, we invested in a bomb-proof padlock only to find they'd just removed the screws from the hinges & about 3 grands worth of bikes! - DOH!

i always use a countersink to drill the top of the screws out so they cant be undone as its such an obvious security flaw,it takes 2 mins to unscrew the hinges and as you say,it doesnt matter how big the padlock is....

kept the bikes under cover outside for about 4 years - no probs - driver delivering shed went 'hmm' nice bikes!

Backed my XR2 up to said shed to keep it all secure.

Car was broken into, car moved, shed broken, bye bye zaskar, kiluea, MAG 21s and just about everything that wasnt nailed down.

Upside - got a massive insurance payout and almost a year later, found some scrote riding around on the zaskar and got it back.

Cass":3hgnln4k said:
Police can't do much, no point sending anyone round as they wouldn't be able to get any prints etc.

thats the wrong attitude in my oppinion. get the police round. tell them whats happened. there may be a gang collecting bikes for christmas.

too many people let crimes go unrecorded only for police and councils to report reduced crime rates.

just re read what you wrote and realise that you may have reported it, just not had them come round. if thats the case, fair enough and i'll find a new home for my high horse!

South Bound":evwfuwj7 said:
...small explosive devices, AK47, rottweiler, Chuck Norris, any of those would work too.

that made me chuckle! particularly the small explosive devices. how cool would it be if they opened the shed door and got their entire arm blown off.

who's laughing now?!

Did report it straight away, they just said they don't think they could get any prints, so no point them coming round.

I don't think the bikes will be staying in the shed anymore, clearing out the understairs cupboard.

I'm sorry Your Honour, I really do not know how those yachting flares came to be caught up in the door mechanism. It is tragic that the young chap caught the phosphorus flare full in his chest, I can't think why he ignored the warnings on the shed door. I believe I took all reasonable steps to make people aware of the risks of going into my shed, even leaving my contact details on the outside. Don't know why he didn't call. Yes, I accept that my Ex-military police attack dog dragging him around the garden probably caused some of the injuries. No I did not know that he could not swim, otherwise I would not have pushed him head first into the water butt to extinguish the flare.

Tragic Your Honour.

Back