Share your winter bike.

Endurame

Retro Newbie
Interesting discussion in Cycling Weekly this week regarding the end of the dedicated winter bike. Seems so going by the number of carbon aero bikes minus mudguards seen this time of year.
If you, like me, still run a dedicated winter bike, share it for all to see. I'll start.
Ambrosio Guido frame, Campagnolo Centaur Century groupset, Mavic Open Pro 36 hole rims, Continental GP4000 tyres, Ambrosio Zenith bars and stem, selle Italia saddle, Shimano M520 pedals and SKS Bluemels mudguards

Interesting discussion in Cycling Weekly this week regarding the end of the dedicated winter bike. Seems so going by the number of carbon aero bikes minus mudguards seen this time of year.
If you, like me, still run a dedicated winter bike, share it for all to see. I'll start.
Ambrosio Guido frame, Campagnolo Centaur Century groupset, Mavic Open Pro 36 hole rims, Continental GP4000 tyres, Ambrosio Zenith bars and stem, selle Italia saddle, Shimano M520 pedals and SKS Bluemels mudguards
Thanks for sharing... think i should have gone to Specsavers 👍

Me no see anything

This, but now with a much more comfortable Flite saddle and a 13-26t cassette because 66 and far more overweight and unfit than I'd like to be.
sam_0001-jpg.610429

Xenon brakes & 9 speed gears, Veloce chainset, HTI pedals, modified Oxford mudguards ('cos the clearances are very tight), lots of anodised and stainless steel parts.

The winter bike: A 1980's Falcon 531, built up as a fixed wheel steed, minimal and easy to maintain / clean. Very slack seat angle and long wheel base makes it a comfortable stable ride. Also quite light which is a bonus. Poshest part on this is the vintage Campag Record front hub :cool:
falconfixed.JPG

Back