Shafted by the queen

Re:

Ummm...that would be government and not the Queen. If you over paid for mail that would be shareholders as well. You can thank Moya Greene, of Canada Post for that one! The former CEO of Canada Post decided to privatize Royal Mail. She pocketed a couple billion!

Re:

ask for a recalculation , takes a few more days but worked for me .
cut the cost to a quarter .

Re: Re:

SLIM":7erxx95h said:

The seller stated a value of £130 on the package though?

Re: Re:

SLIM":18k1p97d said:

Tell us more about this please ? Been Royally shafted too many times too. The codes a,b,c etc they use can't be found though any normal search. :facepalm:

Re:

Told the guy at the counter that the item was a 20 year old , second hand bicycle part that the seller had obviously overstated the value for insurance purpose .
and they send it back with that reason asking for a revaluation from the customs people .
Wanted £40 for a part that only cost me half that . Second valuation came back as £7 . worth a try ?

Also been stung for having the audacity to import a CK 1 1/8"-1" converter. It looked very cheap on the website, and the postage from the US was not bad at all.
Great until the tax import duties came through with the note from the carrier.

Heres the thing. I think small things sent priority get sifted through and incur handling fees, this is why i think they have this charge, for this specific small stuff coming by air type charge :?
But by sea where it all arrives in a big shipment container i think goes through easier and no handling because theres too much to handle
Ive had bits arrive from Taiwan that were new but didnt incur any taxes or importation or even handling charges, which led me to assume that by sea is taxed free.

As long as you dont mind the up to 12 weeks delivery :LOL: How canny are you ? :LOL:

Re:

Think it all depends on who reads the description .
Bicycle parts , £200 , opens packet , yep bike parts , tax at 20% on 200 = plus me opening packet charges =

You get picture . but if their second hand , dont think they can charge vat ???

regan_ev":221d8gja said:
Tc":221d8gja said:
I'm not listening to any of you's it's my birthday & I'm right

Belated Happy Birthday Tony! :D

Cheers Regan
It's actually on the 29th but as I only get one every 4 years I have a week of drinking :oops:

Back