sexist comments by a senior cycling coach

going a little off topic. Love it. :LOL: I still think she is correct to complain and being an (old) man i think he did say it and it was totally wrong.

Re:

I don't think telling someone they have a fat arse is sexist.

If anything it is sizest, or fattest, or something like that.

Would she have complained had he been a woman? I mean at the time, not historically.

I don't know what else is alleged, so of course I am only commenting on that one thing.

People like Shane Sutton are the old timers of this world not afraid to say it like it is and its a pity there's not more like him. "oh you can't say that your upset their feelings" well f-ck em some people need a hard and fast taking to and a kick up the butt to get them motivated. The world has gone soft in the head, political correctness gone a mile to far, kid's that don't know the meaning of common sense let alone have any.

I think I'll go bury me head in the parts bin and see if I can find something there to cheer me up

And Breathe

Re:

Perhaps it would have been better had he couched his remark in terms of..

"I like big butts, and I cannot lie, but going to Rio? You just won't fly!"

Re:

kingbling":vn5tkem6 said:
People like Shane Sutton are the old timers of this world not afraid to say it like it is and its a pity there's not more like him. "oh you can't say that your upset their feelings" well f-ck em some people need a hard and fast taking to and a kick up the butt to get them motivated. The world has gone soft in the head, political correctness gone a mile to far, kid's that don't know the meaning of common sense let alone have any.

I think I'll go bury me head in the parts bin and see if I can find something there to cheer me up

And Breathe

i'm not one to get into arguments on the internet, but it's not telling it like it is to call disabled athletes "gimps", or advising women that don't make the team to "go have a baby", which are the allegations.

he has resigned now anyway.

Re:

I think it's very sad that we have lost Shane's knowledge and experience from the team. I hope he can go full time at Sky.

It's a pity we weren't in the room at the time, the only people who can really know what was said, and how, were those there. Was anyone else present?
Mixed comments from the BBC link, some good, some bad.

kingbling said:
People like Shane Sutton are the old timers of this world not afraid to say it like it is and its a pity there's not more like him. "oh you can't say that your upset their feelings" well f-ck em some people need a hard and fast taking to and a kick up the butt to get them motivated.

Bradley Wiggins at his peak, being one. It worked for him. And G.
Yes, I know we're all different, but if someone can't take not being picked for a team, then maybe they should not be in sport in the first place. It's full of ups and downs. It's how athletes cope with the downs that defines them.

IF that is the case in this instance. And I stress the word IF, for those that want to criticise me for that comment.

Mike

Re:

No doubt about his qualities and no doubt somewhat of a scapegoat but don't call disabled people "gimps", even more so when in a position of responsibility.

Anyway it's all coming out now, kit sales, doping fiends....

Latest posts

Back