Setting up for photos

• Thread starter Deleted member 24574
  • Start date
I stand by an almost horizontal drive side crank for mine so the writing on the arms can be read more easily

How is this:

************************/images/montello/2015/montello-g5-large.jpg

Further images in the reader rides section.

I lean it up against the wall and take a picture of the drive side, meself. Never put any more thought into it than that, though it's more than people who post "identify this" threads ever do.

single colour background is always best, the red on white in your pic looks good.
A lot of it is personal preference I think, as many people will say "do this" as will others who say "do that".
I agree on the "collars & cuffs" comment though, seat should match bar/stem/bartape, just for consistency. Having said that I rarely have them matched, so who am I to say?...

Re:

I place a glass under the l/h pedal, and adjust a brake so the bike doesn't move, like this

Appologies for mtb pic :oops:

I disagree about matching tape/seat colour. That is just personal preferance. Up to you. Who's to say what's best for you. I've heard countless comments about saddle angle/seat-bar position/cables 'wrong way around'/bar angle/brake lever position. Set it up how you would ride it. That is what it's for in reality.

Mike

Attachments

• rockhopper finished 1.jpg
    rockhopper finished 1.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 547
jimo746":voyqjzgk said:
I agree on the "collars & cuffs" comment though, seat should match bar/stem/bartape, just for consistency. ...

I think this collars and cuffs thing is a modern affectation; not how it was BITD when this bike was raced ...

************************/images/montello/riders/delgardo2.jpg
************************/images/montello/riders/vittorio-algeri.jpg
************************/images/montello/riders/fondriest.jpg

Ok - had another bash ... no more messing about ... time to ride it now.

These represent my best efforts ...

************************/images/montello/2015/1000/pinarello-montello-v1d.jpg

************************/images/montello/2015/1000/pinarello-montello-drive-v1d.jpg

************************/images/montello/2015/1000/pinarello-montello-bars-v1d.jpg

Back