Seeing as we've all been good...

Radar":2pky0b25 said:
You're not thinking clearly young man.

First has this potential trip been Risk Assessed to the local authorties criteria? Forms filled in? Child protection register for the grown up helpers? Do first flight have national governing body qualifications? Has the governing body been notified, headteacher, Local Education Authority? Minimum six months to get approval... then you need consent letters. If this is an educational visit then the 'school' by law has to foot the bill, parents may be asked for VOLUNTARY contributions towards the cost of the trip.

(And if anyone is on medication forget it!)

(if you think that wees on your fire I'm sorry but that is the process that I have to go through every time I want to take my class of special needs kids out of the building. I kid you not! And that is the simplified version too, County have bought an all singing and dancing visits database on which we have to record trip details online aswell as fill in all the above mentioned bits of paper)

Oh man, trust an adult to put a dampner on things :roll:

Wu-Tangled":uk8xd03s said:
well nearly all of us...

why don't the moderators (head teachers) organise a Retrobike field trip to First Flight's museum? Could do a tour of the other important stop offs from back in the day too.

All of us lot on planes, trains and buses (Oi quiet at the back - they're Darylea mad them kids).

Buy lots of pencils and postcards at the museum shop and head back for tea?

*this might not be a serious suggestion.

*but then you never know...

Absolutely not, look at the mess somebody has made of the BoTM thread ! :LOL:

Back