Seat Post Search

velomentary

Devout Dirtbag
Hi - I'm trying to source a longer seat post for a Gazelle Cheetah (1970/80s) I think. I can't seem to find a post with the right diameter and wondered if any classic road bikes etc may use a similar diameter but with a longer post. The seat post tapers in at the bottom so I think the correct diameter seems to be 23.5 or 24 mm - I've attached a few pics. Thanks IMG_0161.JPG IMG_0162.JPG IMG_0164.JPG

As guinness has pointed out you'll need a pair of calipers to be accurate enough ...being roughly .5 mm out on a diameter is getting towards 2mm on a circumference....seat tube clamps don't like that! Measure the post at lots of different points and take an average and then measure the internal of seat tube then you'll know!

A precision g-cramp according to a mate............................................:rolleyes:
That come in different sizes either Imperial or metric measurements & Digital versions that can read imperial & metric 😁

That come in different sizes either Imperial or metric measurements & Digital versions that can read imperial & metric 😁
Also make extraordinarily good tools of finger nail torture.....nice and slow drawn out application of pain....🤨 Very finely measured too 😆

Back