Scottish IndepenDENce YES or NO?

YES or NO?, And What If DevoMax Was Offered?

• Yes

Votes: 20 39.2%
  • No

Votes: 25 49.0%
  • DevoMax

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • DGAF

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Undecided

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Scottish Indepence YES or NO?

So if Scotland does go its way will the Protestant which I'm assuming will vote no as there pro union , and the catholic I'm also assuming will be voting yes, not saying this is how people are going to vote and it's even down to religion could Scotland become another northern island , Protestants having parades every weekend walking around banging drums waving union flags mmmmm or the Catholics doing the same ,,,,,,, I wonder

sparkiegaz":1tma81nr said:
So if Scotland does go its way will the Protestant which I'm assuming will vote no as there pro union , and the catholic I'm also assuming will be voting yes, not saying this is how people are going to vote and it's even down to religion could Scotland become another northern island , Protestants having parades every weekend walking around banging drums waving union flags mmmmm or the Catholics doing the same ,,,,,,, I wonder

You know what they say.... Politics and religion.......... It'll end in tears! :facepalm:

kaiser":2564h071 said:
Thats really discrediting alot of the people of Scotland, very few I know are the flag waving zealots that the media and No campaign would have you believe.

You must be living in a different Scotland to me then... I'm sick of flag waving "Yes" promoting Scottish Supremacists sticking their propaganda everywhere, fuelled on Braveheart style emotive rubbish and utterly baseless pie in the sky wishful thinking. Significant numbers of utterly delusional people are driving about with saltires and "yes" stickers plastered all over their (mostly fairly disreputable) vehicles, and writing shouty facebook posts with promises of untold oil-founded prosperity to come if we can just crush all those inconvenient "no" supporters.

On the other hand, I think I could count the number of "no thanks" stickers I've seen on my travels on my fingers... and that's the sum total of "no" propaganda I've been confronted with anywhere.

What really summed up the "yes" "argument" for me was listening to the news yesterday; Alex Salmond on the radio absolutely livid, spitting mad that news about the RBS plans was released to the public. It's one thing that he really can't stand - actual facts which contradict his imaginary Utopian vision being allowed to reach the voting public.

Frankly I find it disturbing to see how many people are willing to vote yes when so many vital factors are completely unknown, voting on the basis that "it can't be any worse than it is now". I've got news for you - you think it's bad now, but it can very easily be worse, much worse...

People slate Nationalism,but as an outsider neither Scottish or British I find it far more democratic and liberating than colonialism/imperialism.Osborne cancelling his G8 meeting is another carefully orchestrated underhand scare tactic to undermine economic confidence amongst the electorate in an independent Scotland.

sparkiegaz":25o3f2lo said:
So if Scotland does go its way will the Protestant which I'm assuming will vote no as there pro union

Scotland is not Northern Ireland. Bad assumption - even the most bigoted Scottish Protestants are often independence supporters. Partly on dislike of the Tories, partly xenophobia, partly a naive belief that they'll get rich on oil money.

66 triumph daytona":uly87xtj said:
People slate Nationalism,but as an outsider neither Scottish or British I find it far more democratic and liberating than colonialism/imperialism.Osborne cancelling his G8 meeting is another carefully orchestrated underhand scare tactic to undermine economic confidence amongst the electorate in an independent Scotland.

No sane Scot should have any economic confidence in its future as an independent state: Salmond's bizarre demands that its currency should be underwritten by London should be enough to show that. Add to that the fact there at least 3 EU nations that seem likely to block its joining the EU, because they're a lot less casual than London about losing territory and would prefer a horrible counter example to a precedent. Not. Good.

Re:

As far as I can see Alex Salmond will make a wonderful go of an Independent Scotland, I am sure he will do every bit as well a Robert Mugabe has done in Zimbabwe. I can't wait for the Alex Salmond fashion line to hit the streets :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Seriously,the Scots E.U. thing is like the Millennium bug.An orchestrated myth created by multi nationals/tories/self interest.It should also be noted that EVERY EU applicant over the last few years has been accepted.Acession east European states economically destitute have been accepted in the last few years-Romania Poland etc and benefited hugely.

ajm":33zrby2z said:
kaiser":33zrby2z said:
Thats really discrediting alot of the people of Scotland, very few I know are the flag waving zealots that the media and No campaign would have you believe.

You must be living in a different Scotland to me then... I'm sick of flag waving "Yes" promoting Scottish Supremacists sticking their propaganda everywhere, fuelled on Braveheart style emotive rubbish and utterly baseless pie in the sky wishful thinking. Significant numbers of utterly delusional people are driving about with saltires and "yes" stickers plastered all over their (mostly fairly disreputable) vehicles, and writing shouty facebook posts with promises of untold oil-founded prosperity to come if we can just crush all those inconvenient "no" supporters.

On the other hand, I think I could count the number of "no thanks" stickers I've seen on my travels on my fingers... and that's the sum total of "no" propaganda I've been confronted with anywhere.

What really summed up the "yes" "argument" for me was listening to the news yesterday; Alex Salmond on the radio absolutely livid, spitting mad that news about the RBS plans was released to the public. It's one thing that he really can't stand - actual facts which contradict his imaginary Utopian vision being allowed to reach the voting public.

Frankly I find it disturbing to see how many people are willing to vote yes when so many vital factors are completely unknown, voting on the basis that "it can't be any worse than it is now". I've got news for you - you think it's bad now, but it can very easily be worse, much worse...

The point was made, quite truly, that the RBS options were misreported. I see no reason Alex should not put right those idiotic tabloids.

Scotland is definitely not a nation of flag wavers. The saltire is being used as a symbol for the YES campaign, but we are not waving flags around the same way some countries do nationalistically.

This whole referendum has little to do with nationalism; it is to do with autonomy in the face of a negative overlord.

What is amazing is that, even at this point, after reports from both sides of the argument over and over concur that Scotland is a net gain to the UK economy, we see the same tired lines about us not being able to survive alone.

This is NOTHING to do with hating the English, many of whom here are YES voters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back