Scott strike G-zero 2002-Hope monoM4 Magura Durin Fox RP23

timsp8

Dirt Disciple
£750 Scott Strike G-zero high modulus carbon mountain bike with serious upgrades

Attachments

• IMG_4273.JPG
    IMG_4273.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 1,837
Re: Scott strike G-zero 2002 - Hope mono Magura Durin + Fox RP23

Well this is the last bike available from my Barn Find. The Kleins with the Paul componentry generated a massive amount of excitement!

The refurbished Scott Strike G-Zero is still available...

It is in excellent condition, frame has never been dinked and the unused Magura Durin + Fox Can make this a sub-19lb bike, that is 'as good as any carbon bike you'll buy today for 5 grand'. Plus it is uber old skool and could cut it in any Welsh trail centre!

Re:

You'll get more interest by posting this in the "For Sale 1998 -->" section, this is for pre 1997 bikes. One of the moderators will be able to move the post for you.

Thanks for moving this post moderators. :)

* * * P R I C E R E D U C E D * * * - T O £650

This was a 4 thousand quid bike at the turn of the millenia which has had 650 in servicing spent on it a few years back - is an amazing deal!

With the period Hope Mono M1 hydraulic brakes and the brand new unused Fox RP23 can + Magura MD100R Durin Race forks. This bike is a properly usable and appreciating classic and is excellent for XC.

You won't find many bikes under 20lb's in your LBS for this kind of money. I coveted my friends bike so much, I bought one in 2007 in medium. This one is a large. I took it on the Irfon Valley, infamous beer wobble and there is a picture of me riding one of these on a gnarly section somewhere on this forum. My medium one sold a few years back now and I sold it as a frameset only at 800 with a spare rear Scandium triangle.

If anyone is interested, I can get you some further details on this specific bike and or take some more pictures of it...

Re: Scott Strike G-Zero - excellent condition

BUMP.

Still for sale although now the price has been reduced there are a couple of interested parties.

PM - me if you are interested in a very light, sympathetically upgraded and usable retro carbon MTB.

Scott Strike - more pictures

There is currently one of these on ebay for sale at the same price but my friends one is much higher spec and has been barely used.

Kit

COCKPIT: Original Scott Pro 7075 handle bars and the original Thompson stem. Scott grips and some shorty end bars
FDR: Shimano XT E-Type 9 speed derailleur
RDR: Shimano XTR 9 speed derailleur
CASSETTE: Original and barely used 9 speed Shimano XTR with lightweight Scandium lower set
CRANK: 3 ring - original Raceface Turbine Forged 9speed with a 44T main chainring (all rings in excellent condition)
FORKS: Brand new Magura MD100R with lockout control on handlebars
SHOCK: Brand new Fox RP23 - not Kashima with custom billet machined aluminium bushings to fit frame.
SEAT: Scott lightweight aluminium seatpost and the original Selle Italia Flite Gel leather saddle with Titanium rails (in great condition).
SWINGARM: Original Lightweight Scandium alloy (the frameset bearings do not show any problems)
BRAKES: Hope Mono M4 twin pots front and back with matching calipers and levers. (pads have plenty of meat on them, hydro recently bled)
ROTORS: Formula Oro 220mm and 180mm Hayes at the rear
TYRES : barely used set of 26" Firecrest XC pro 1.8's.
WHEELS: Bontrager Ranger rims with Shimano Deore hubs + standard quick release skewers.

Specs
Frame Size = Large (if you can find the dealer manual)
Crank-2-cuff = 52cm
Top tube Seat tube to steering post = 62cm
Seatpost = Scott 7075 aluminium very long hasn't been cut down. Oversized Carbon seatpost available to include in sale if required.
Weight = 12kg

Comprehensive pictures below...

Attachments

• scott-2.jpg
    scott-2.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 1,580
  • scott-3.jpg
    scott-3.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 1,577
  • scott-4.jpg
    scott-4.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 1,576
  • scott-5.jpg
    scott-5.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 1,576
  • scott-6.jpg
    scott-6.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 1,577
  • scott-0.jpg
    scott-0.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 1,577
  • scott-1.jpg
    scott-1.jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 1,577
DAMN MAN!

I hate being skint but that's my fault, too much coke and hookers takes it toll and hits the pockets bigtime.

Oh the stubby bar ends look like a set of Tomacs I had and sold not long ago, best set of stubbies availbale ime.

That certainly looks frame wise like a fine example.

perhaps ditch the chavvy shoes and tracky bottoms and at least wear a mankini for the pics dude. ;d

GLWTS :)

Latest posts

Back