*rare* Ventana El-Saltamontes 26" - XC/Marathon mtb bike

belci93

Retro Newbie
Selling a very rare bike, probably one of the few in Europe. I've finished building the bike this summer and unfortunately used it only a few times in the city for casual rides (cardio mainly).

Frame : Ventana El-Saltamontes 26" (size XL - 22") with Fox RP23 High Volume shock

The frame has been designed and handbuilt in California, USA. It's got superb welds and beautiful overall finishes. I'm not sure what's the manufacturing year, I'm guessing somewhere between 2009-2011. The frame has been designed to be very versatile, it rides well on cross country trails and also on AM trails. Initial cost was huge, 2250$ for the frame & 125$ extra for the RP23 shock upgrade from the RP3.

Forks : Rockshox SID World Cup (Dual Air, Blackbox)

Wheelset : Easton EA70 XCT 26" UST Tubeless with Continental Mountain King and X-King tyres (26x2.2 UST Tubeless)

Brakes : Shimano Deore M615 with Hope Floating Saw rotors (160 R / 180 F)

Dropper post : TranzX YSP22 105mm

Saddle : Fi'zi:k Tundra 2

Seatclamp : SixPack Menace QR

Handlebars : Truvativ Holzfeller

Stem : FSA OS-99 CSI Carbon

Cranks : Shimano SLX with Motsuv Oval 32T chainring

Cassette : Wide range Shimano SLX CS-M7000 11-46T

Rear derailleur : Shimano SLX RD-M7000 Shadow+ and Shimano SLX SLM-7000 shifter

Chain : Shimano CN-HG601

SPD Pedals : Shimano Deore XT PD-M8000

Keep in mind that the dropper post, pedals, cassette, derailleur, shifter, chain, stem, handlebars, chainring, seatclamp and headset have been bought new in 2019-2020.

(Price drop 30.11) - I'm asking 1200EUR netto for the whole bike which is a great price considering how rare this thing is in the EU. The price does not include paypal taxes or shipping costs.

Dirt Rag: "Light enough to race, relaxed enough to ride all day and able to handle dicey terrain. Geometry is slightly relaxed by XC standards: 70.5° head angle, 600mm top tube, 1,087mm wheelbase, 13.2” BB height. And the paint and welds are better than what is on your bike."

Mountain Bike Magazine Review : "Beautiful, dependable and easy-to-ride, were the phrases that test riders repeated most often. If you are a hardcore trail rider searching for a long-term relationship, test ride an El Saltamontes - Ventana's original trailbike is versatile, durable and as pleasing to look at as it is to ride.

MTBR (4.8/5* from 53 reviews): "El Saltamontes is a cross-country thoroughbred and an all mountain workhorse in one. It just does anything very smothly. Corners are easy, jumps are soft. I used to be a little scared of tall jumps, but now they are funny and pleasurous. And I pedal about 3 inches higher than any other biker."

Attachments

• ventana (1).jpg
    ventana (1).jpg
    455.2 KB · Views: 384
  • ventana (2).jpg
    ventana (2).jpg
    471.6 KB · Views: 383
  • ventana (3).jpg
    ventana (3).jpg
    329.5 KB · Views: 384
Back