Scott Pro Racing World Cup (Endorphin)

Carlos- hilarious story! With fiscal skills like those, I wonder how she is now (answer- probably still way better off than me! :LOL: ).

The original black and yellow Endorphin was something I lusted over when they first came out. Yum.

Edit: Probably?! Hahahahaha

Met a cyclist out and about who'd lost a section of jaw and an appropriate number of teeth when his front parted company from his rear at high speed
After the state his jaw was in ,i'd never get one.

The wise Scary had obvioulsy heard through the grapevine that the endorphin may have been slightly brittle and gave it to her soon to be ex-husband in the hope it may save her from an expensive divorce!!!! :) :LOL:

They look great don't they!!

Seeing Covent Garden Cycles mentioned reminded me of Sonic Cycles, e-stay bike from back in the day??? :?:

mtbmaniac":2lscrg19 said:
Does anyone know anything about her? 1999 or 1998 perhaps.

The frame design originated in 1995 and was showcased around the Grundig at Newnham that year, released in 96.

In 1998 they introduced a vibration damper system which basically consisted of elastomer sandwiched between the carbon - AVS: active vibration system. In 1999 they increased the size of the down tube to give the from more torsional rigidity. Never particulary light, the damping effect of the 0.5inch of vertical displacement in the rear stays did create a comfy frame that isolated buzz. I like mine, but it never felt very involving to ride and as a dedicated race bike feels a bit skittish. You really need to be going flat out to appreciate the particulars of this design.

I really liked Scott's innovation in mid-late 90s - the Endorphin and the Strike; the DH bike with separate compression and rebound damper units, moto-x style saddle, adjustable head-angle insert - all way ahead of their time.

Cherrymatt":11m97pt0 said:
The wise Scary had obvioulsy heard through the grapevine that the endorphin may have been slightly brittle and gave it to her soon to be ex-husband in the hope it may save her from an expensive divorce!!!! :) :LOL:

They look great don't they!!

Seeing Covent Garden Cycles mentioned reminded me of Sonic Cycles, e-stay bike from back in the day??? :?:

Wasn't Covent Garden, they were my neighbours a little way up the road on a grubby backstreet.... ;)

They are still, I believe, one of the most inventive and best looking bikes. The tech in them has evolved to the Ransom and CR1 types of today as well.

Nice bike, I like it, a bit different.

Change the forks and tyres though. Judy or Sid would suit.

Back