Schwinn Rocket 88 Stage 3 frame +forks -now £135

I suspect that the sentimental value I have for the bike and the quality of parts used in rebuild mean I would probably price the whole bike unrealistically but you are welcome to make an offer for the whole bike.

Whereabouts are you ?

Hi All!

I'm in the middle of building one of these at the moment. I have fitted new suspension arms on the bottom bracket and I'm in the middle of fitting the Rock Shox downhill forks as we speak. I have collated all the bits and now only need to build the bike. I was expecting it to be finished this weekend but looks more like the following one now, as I'm going away for a few days...

If you're interested, have a look at my Flickr page:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/58541481@N ... 133691081/

Have a look at some of my other builds on there to see the quality of my work; I don't do rubbish... ;)

hi - I was going to ask hows the rebuild. Looking good. Whats the fork travel ?

You going to spray rear triangle ? - I think black and orange do well together.

Just put up for sale a a2z disc adaptor for the rear - was going disc route but just bagged a pair of bonty racelight wheels as new so I've abandoned that idea and will stick with V's.

I know what you mean about the black but I like to keep the paint work original on all my bikes; even if there's chips and scratches. That said, the paint work on the rear triangle is excellent, as is the stickers! Also the paint goes well with forks, in my humble opinion...

Got to be honest, I'm growing to like this bike. The spec is right up my street, right down to the NOS MX99 brake levers (I actually wanted 88s but they are getting rare now...

I think I have all the bits, I just need to get some new rear shock mount bushes fabricated in our engineering department and the rear can be bolted on properly. Better get some beers in for the boys then lol

Hi :D
I've been watching this thread for a while now as I also have a stage 3 in orange/black. Won it as a frame on t'bay last year and following a snowy drive up to Leeds was chuffed to find it fitted with a hope caliper adapter, titec seatpost and a fizik saddle that despite looking real comfy is in fact harder than concrete!!
I'm still in the process of gathering bits for it and will try and get some pics up for comparison if that's alright? After all, these could be the only 3 rockets on the site?! :cool:
Cheers
Rich.

Hi Rich

The more the merrier !. Hope caliper adjuster a good find.

If yours is a 2000 model and you want advise on original spec let me know as I've owned mine from new (though not much of original left !)

bob

the frames same whether stage 2, 3, or 4 (so i believe) - stage 1 may be lightened (unsure)

Forks , shocks, wheels and other components improved as went up with stage 1 being the lightest and best equipped at about 25lbs. stage 3 about 29lbs if i remember correctly (stated rather than actual).

Back