Schwinn Rocket 88 Stage Three frame only, 19" Sold thanks.

Reluctant

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
From 2000 or 2001; Schwinn Rocket 88 Stage Three frame only in 19" from centre to top. Great design for the time, short travel full susser. It has plenty of knocks and scrapes from general use, but nothing nasty ~ no big dings or dents. The rear end feels a bit tight and would benefit from the linkages and bearings being removed, cleaned and regreased, but there's no free play in any of it; it should be an easy and straight forward job. Shock condition feels ok too, it goes up n down, but please remember it is 15 years old and probably never been serviced! V brakes mounts and also has a Hayes type disc mount....... so fitting discs is possible with the right adaptor. Due to work and box issues, collect only please, Bracknell, East Berks. £60 ono :)

Re: Schwinn Rocket 88 Stage Three frame only, 19"

Not sure :) the link works for me. But you can find what it looks like by googling "22mm disc mount" and they are in stock at SJS for about £15. :)

Brilliant frame from a company that was at the time on the verge of bankruptcy and demise. This could be considered its last proper FS MTB. Shame...

The 22mm Hayes mount can take an IS caliper with an adapter, so really doesn't present a problem except for a minority of bikes that mount the caliper on the chainstay. 22mm calipers to come up for sale every now and again though.

Thanks for your comments there, GSB......all helpful!
Still for sale and flexible on price if you can pick up :)

Not sure there are any hard and fast rules on that. It was probably designed with 80 or 100mm fork in mind. I'd push it to 120mm on the front and make appropriate adjustment to stem length and I think it would still handle nicely.

Re: Schwinn

This is a 2000 model frame- 2001 model came with modified swing arm mounts. You can still buy replacement bushings for this model
from paulscycles.co.uk

Originally came with 80mm Rockshok Jett forks - i use 100mm Marzocchis on mine no problems. Nice bikes. Kept mine for sentimental reasons after failing to sell it at price i was comfortable with. Slightly porky but still pretty good ride for it's age.

the 88 refers to rear travel with original shock - which the rockshok deluxe is.

Mine :

Attachments

• optimized_imag0341_208.jpg
    optimized_imag0341_208.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 727
Back