SBDU 753 frame identification

Midlife said:
Chainstay "dent" looks wrong for 753...........BITD it was longer and shallower, mind you I'm a child of the 70's :) Rear dropouts somehow look odd, probably the blurry photo.

I think you are right, all of the 753 frames on google image have the dent twice as long, dent looks right for 531

Just out of interest, is it likely that the SBDU serial number ledger still exists?

I'm not sure if you can judge whether a fame is 531 or 753 by the chainstay dent, it was just an observation from nearly 40 years ago. The best way is from the weight, seat post size and if all else fails remove some paint from a lug shoreline and the 753 braze should be a silver colour.

Shaun

Just spotted the seat tube photo, it appeared after I was typing. The diameter at the top is not always correct at the seat lug top is often distorted. Not sure why it has a nut and bolt though, I thought they had gone all allen key straight into the seat lug by then.

Shaun

I have a 753R for sale. Just no idea what to ask for it. Got Campag Record gearing. Needs a clean up and some new tubs. Large frame

Pyro Tim":kyt3p2gd said:
I have a 753R for sale. Just no idea what to ask for it. Got Campag Record gearing. Needs a clean up and some new tubs. Large frame

What size is it and have you got any pics available?

Re:

That looks good, even in pink, nice component mix too I'm sure you'll have no trouble selling it.

Back