Saying Hi and a few of my bikes, Andy

Hi Finney I used a DA triple front mech band on and it worked. I have some pics of it I will dig out.

Andy

399road":d2h34prq said:
Real nice fleet there. Been trying to date that MB, but it's got me stumped? I worked at MB Dronfield in '93 and it must be a real early one with the decals like that. I'm always interested when MBs pop up on here to see where they ended up. Big fan of the Concorde too. It's a 26 like mine but yours is a few years younger. The first two numbers of the MBs frame number date it. Keep up the good work. ...Luke.

Hi thanks I have a few more just not built up at the mo. I will have a look and let you know the serial number of the MB. I think though it is an 84 really tight frame and great to ride.

Andy

The Empson does it have any connection with Doug or his son Garry who broke the 30 mile record with the first under the hour ride?

Nob":2gknpwin said:
The Empson does it have any connection with Doug or his son Garry who broke the 30 mile record with the first under the hour ride?

Hi Nob, yes it does the frame is a T J Quick that was modified and resprayed by Doug for Gary, this is the info from the seller.

"A couple of years ago I rode the North Norfolk 100, and Doug Epson (Curlylugs on the CTT Forum) kindly sent me a photo. I then asked him whether he had built the frame; he said he had built a number of them, notably for his son Gary Epson who was 30 mile comp record holder, and I think for John French. Doug said he thought my frame was built by Tommy Quick but later modified and enamelled by Doug"

Andy

Damn you for introducing me to Reydel chainrings. Now there is a set sat on my kitchen table. Damn you!

Jonny69":3srzv1m3 said:
Damn you for introducing me to Reydel chainrings. Now there is a set sat on my kitchen table. Damn you!

They are a thing of beauty and great to ride.

Andy

Back