Saved from scrap.. Purple Hazed Carrera Optima (probably)

Re:

Yep, tons of room!
Fork is a Skareb, colour matches very well with the red turbines and red seat post collar, having a hard time finding matching grips though.

Re: Re:

Steve_T":1pqtowhh said:
Yep, tons of room!
Fork is a Skareb, colour matches very well with the red turbines and red seat post collar, having a hard time finding matching grips though.

Ah, Skareb - that's what I was thinking of!
There's a few which make similar lock-on collars for various grips, Superstar come to mind (UK-based) and others if you look through some websites make lovely red ano lock collars, like Hope, Prologo, ODI.

If you're careful and can find some good pics, you can mix & match (often the cheaper grips with ano collars are crap plastic ones, so throw those away!) and fit the collars to whichever nice grips you like to use. :D

Re:

I am from Indonesia, forgive me join the talk on this post, because I also have Carrera Optima too.
I hope to meet up with fellow owners the same bike.

Attachments

• Fantasia Painting(11).jpg
    Fantasia Painting(11).jpg
    75 KB · Views: 309
Re: Re:

Thanks! The frame has huuuge clearance (relatively..for a 90's frame!) and easily has space for the Booze Lights, I measured the stays and was very confident ordering them.
The Magura brace IS close - but there's no particular issues as long as it's lined up correctly.
Obviously as a brake booster, it has to be all bolted up very tightly, as do the brake mounts so nothing moves too much (except the wheel wobbling a little).
The tyres themselves don't deflect much if at all either, running about 48psi. The tread blocks are nice & squidgy so give a lot of grip even without the tyre needing to deflect in order to grip.

Liking them so much I've ordered another set! ;)

Re:

Not sure why I was so worried about fitment, 2.3's fit with plenty of room!
http://media.corrado-club.ca/albums/alb ... 164600.jpg
Sorry to drag this thread up from the tomb, but can either of you recall the actual width of the Booze Lights when inflated? I'm interested in buying some, but only have about 2.2" between my chainstays. I know that tyres often are narrower than their specified size, hoping this might be the case for these ones?

Back