Saved from scrap.. Purple Hazed Carrera Optima (probably)

Re:

Thanks!

It is indeed being used. Tried it with some slicks on & that didn't quite feel right - just very sketchy!
Cue a pair of soft compound Geax (Vittoria) Booze Light..and one fast 'cruiser'.

It's been re-built with some different bars, as well as the tyres; going for a flat-tracker type look, which seems to work and it now picks up speed a hell of a lot better on the road. :twisted:
Bars are Octane One Chemical Pro I had spare; the Azonic bar-stem combo was needed elsewhere.. ;)

28370910605_60047cda8e_b.jpg

28370895685_5796ee0330_b.jpg

Ordered a silver stem instead of the black, and that should complete the bike.
(for now.. there's a suspicious sound coming from the back that sounds like a slipping engagement pawl; hopefully it's just in need of cleaning out or a new spring, something simple!)

28337361226_dde320c206_b.jpg

kingoffootball":3c2xgf48 said:
I love the paint on this.

Had the good fortune to see this frame for myself and the flip flop paint really is cool in daylight.

Glad to see its getting to a few laps round the block on a regular basis.

Re:

Very cool, I like the build!
Any issues with tyre clearance with the booze light's? They look awfully close to the Magura boster on the front. I'm waiting on delivery for my set, and a tad nervous about fitment on my bike (97 RM Equipe).

Re: Re:

Steve_T":3qxjy4mm said:
Very cool, I like the build!
Any issues with tyre clearance with the booze light's? They look awfully close to the Magura boster on the front. I'm waiting on delivery for my set, and a tad nervous about fitment on my bike (97 RM Equipe).

Thanks! The frame has huuuge clearance (relatively..for a 90's frame!) and easily has space for the Booze Lights, I measured the stays and was very confident ordering them.
The Magura brace IS close - but there's no particular issues as long as it's lined up correctly.
Obviously as a brake booster, it has to be all bolted up very tightly, as do the brake mounts so nothing moves too much (except the wheel wobbling a little).
The tyres themselves don't deflect much if at all either, running about 48psi. The tread blocks are nice & squidgy so give a lot of grip even without the tyre needing to deflect in order to grip.

Liking them so much I've ordered another set! ;)

Re:

Awesome, I'm hoping mine have no issues.
Unfortunately did not arrive today, and probably won't now until the middle of next week, as Monday is a 'bank holiday', or so you blokes would put it. ;)

Re:

Looks like! Plenty, even if the brake arms are in closer. Are they R7 Forks? Very nice colour!

The Carrera is looking awesome - Silver stem instead of black was definitely the right call.

Hub however, lasted about another 10 miles before one pawl gave up & no longer engages.
It's...interesting when you freewheel in traffic or round a corner & don't know if you'll have drive or not when you next pedal! :facepalm:
A mile after that, something came more loose and now freewheeling sounds like a 2-stroke scooter, or I'm towing a chainsaw..
Tomorrow night will be hub dismantling night.

Back