dscf2475.jpg

dscf2478.jpg

dscf2479.jpg

dscf2481.jpg

dscf2482.jpg

dscf2485.jpg

And there it is, the drive side shot:

dscf2484.jpg

Awesome build fella. It looks really classy with the black lx, and the tioga stem goes well too.

Really like it and funnily enough have a few similar bits for mine!

As Keith Lemon would say "bang tidy " :cool:

Really like the look of this and am liking your attention to detail and especially the choice in stem, 150mm is a must on these ;) I must say I am rather jealous of the wolber rims :)

Ive been on my Estay Saracen today and will never be bored of the short wheelbase twitchyness :LOL:

Very nice build, good choice of parts in the end, it all sits together really well.

Really like the way you set up those cantis, very logical and takes out all the guess work. I'll definately be giving this method a go next time around.

Cheers!

Thanks guys!

I love the observation by Gravy Monster about twitchiness

This is how I described it in a PM:

"I'd describe it as nimble with the short wheel base and long reach stem

I like the ride and handling!"

So yep we deffinitely concur, Mr Gravy Monster!

Cracking build dude, I was umming and arring about buying this - glad its had a rebuild done as nicely as I wanted to do. Top work.

Matt

Bensherman":2l9vi6fp said:
Cracking build dude, I was umming and arring about buying this - glad its had a rebuild done as nicely as I wanted to do. Top work.

Matt

Glad you didn't!

The bits I have used of the original bike have cleaned up like new, looks a bit faded in the pics cos of poor light, in the flesh it looks factory fresh

Just, checked out your projects - cool stuff indeed

Excellent work.. If you don't mind me saying but i think a silver dx chainset would look class with all the other dx stuff.. I only say this because when i did my race elite I really wanted the black lx chainset to go with the other black lx 560 stuff.. I ended up with the dx chainset in the end :? :LOL:

Handling wise I have to agree.. To be honest I really don't like the twitchiness when going down something steep. But, I love how these things are easy to climb hills on and generally I am very happy with my one..

Enjoy :D

Fantastic build, love these Saracen E-stays. I just missed out on a Kili at the weekend.

Back