SANTA CRUZ chameleon 2001 ostensibly calm and amicable

Re:

The dirt just sticks on the stanchions because of excessive Brunox "Deo"- use. These seals are the first ones but the fork was not ridden much and I will keep them. I changed the seals on another bomber fork (Z2, 1997) to ENDURO seals but they had masses of stiction which they did not lost for hundreds of kilometers. I got back to the original Marzocchi ones and they were just right out of the box.

One more picture

Yeah I just put some of those Enduro ones on my tatty, old Z1s as well and so far so good. I believe Enduro redesigned their seals so the new ones are supposed to be better but on a nice fork like yours I'd go with the Marzocchi ones for sure. They just get more expensive every year.

bullseye V-brake

Now with BULLSEYE V-brakes. With the same pads these are a tad more efficient than the PAUL moto lite and they do not tend to squeal. Thus, the front brake booster is gone now. Further, the BULLSEYE V-brakes are good for wide rims (the motolites made it with the 25mm wide rims but that was the limit in the sc chameleon frame) and provide great mud clearance.

rear

front

side

whole bike

Looking much better with the shorter set up and bombers (that seat post though!). Always fancied one of these but have enough bikes not getting ridden! Out of interest how much was the frame?

Re:

Well, the long stem has a very similar design to the frame. Its just the better setup for general riding, especially on uphills.

I bought the frame for 100 Euro.

Back