Salsa Ala Carte - A Drop Bar Project UPDATED Page 2

Re: Salsa Ala Carte - A Drop Bar Project

The drivetrain is complete and ended up getting a wider BB from Phil Wood to optimize chainline.

However... :facepalm: I ran into a snag with the Bonty steerer tube. It just wouldn't work out with the Salsa quill stem so I am using one of my Tange Switchblades until I can find the appropriate steerer for the Bonty (I think Hollister ran into this snag with his Ala Carte dropper).

Oh well...the Tange has the same geometry and stiffness just not what I had planned. Working on dialing in the cockpit now and will give the bar a fresh wrap so hope to post some updated pics later today or tomorrow.

Have a good weekend all!

It's a wrap. The little Salsa rides like a dream and I was really surprised at how quickly I adapted to the drop bars. Location of the shifters and brakes is the critical path and I spent about four hours yesterdays getting it right. Specs updated on first page but here are some shots from this morning's brisk ride.

lwEnwi.jpg

AMzico.jpg

Zxejlz.jpg

GyzXA7.jpg

Re:

Why do drop bar build's look so cool on a Salsa!

I must admit i'm in two minds about getting my Ala Carte powder coated white and hand painting the rasta flag's.

Thanks gents! Going for a quick ride this morning prior to work. The unique bar is the motivation!!!

Re:

Was finally able to get the Tange fork swapped out to a Bontrager Comp with a titanium steerer and brake posts. Many thanks to Rumpfy for the hookup getting the new tube pressed into the fork.

I also found an elusive NOS XTR post to round out the build which is all M900 less headset and hubs but I wanted black cups to go with the P10 stem and fork. Added some gold bling as well to set off the stem. Probably my best riding bike to date.

brBngO.jpg

Lh4iev.jpg

hTphu1.jpg

T2Qzsf.jpg

woO6Yy.jpg

hJM6UU.jpg

7CDRRS.jpg

Back