Salmond v Darling debate: STV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re:

Admired Dave McLeod as a climber, he might make an even better politician.

My daughter told me something earlier about friends/relatives of one of her school friends who had been part of the audience at one of the Independence debates.They were told by the BBC that as part of the audience, they were to be either undecided or no voters in referendum. Would like to actually know for certain but it seems like the BBC were manipulating things a bit to get the "balance" right for their position on Britain. Surely not, eh?

Re: Re:

old_coyote_pedaller":3ao6xxwv said:
Admired Dave McLeod as a climber, he might make an even better politician.

If you had seen him yesterday helping me cut my hedge you might think differently

Seriously though he is a thoroughly decent guy, a dedicated climber and a fantastic father to my granddaughter :D

Re:

On the climbing programmes on TV that I've seen him on he came across as a decent intelligent guy.
Wish I could climb to even a tenth of his ability. Don't let him cut any more hedges though, he needs all his fingers. ;)

Was out cycling the Braeroy Road with him recently, his climbing helmet came in handy for the occasion
photo-12.jpg

But I can't fathom out how he managed to cycle round Lanzarote wearing that helmet when we were on holiday this year :shock:
How he never melted is beyond me as I was in my summer skimpies and sweating like a sweaty thing

This was at the top of Timanfanya National Park, just before we descended at 48mph with 50mph crosswinds :oops: :oops:
photo-27p.jpg

photo-25l.jpg

Fear over hope. Self interest over the common weal. Bombs over bairns.
I accept the democratic decision but feel that I have had my nationality taken from me. I am a proud Scot no longer.

Roll up your map of Scotland. It will not be needed.

firedfromthecircus":2ghflh8x said:
Fear over hope. Self interest over the common weal. Bombs over bairns.
I accept the democratic decision but feel that I have had my nationality taken from me. I am a proud Scot no longer.

Roll up your map of Scotland. It will not be needed.

Did the last 24 hours alter your identity then?

The History Man":1ualawmt said:
Did the last 24 hours alter your identity then?

No. It altered the identity of my country, or at least a common perception of the identity of my country which I once held.

There is now no doubt if you ask the question 'Do Scots have a more developed sense of social justice than the rest of the UK?'

No we don't!

A mans a man? My arse.

I'm alright Jack and I don't care about you!

I don't want to identify with that.

What a dissae, the biggest missed opportunity of our lifetimes, imo.

All hope and optomism is lost

Think positive guys, its no longer Salmond v Darling, its Salmond v Cameron and the rest. Its our FM's job to hold the pledgers to their vows and I reckon he could be pretty good at that.
Things have got to change throughout the UK, when over 1.5 million UK citizens say via the demcratic process that they dont want the status quo, you'd be a total erse to ignore it !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back