"S-Works Tarmac SL6" (Chinese copy)

Fatal Swan

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
My good road bike was stolen a couple of months back and having literally sold my other road bike a couple of weeks before, I badly needed to put something together quickly for the spring/summer, probably just as a stop gap. Up popped this second hand Chinese copy of an S-Works Tarmac SL6 frameset, which was not the kind of thing I was expecting to go for at all but it was nice looking and extremely good value. So I went for it and started building it up mostly from parts I had spare. But after a couple of rides, crikey, it's very fast indeed and really comfortable. Having spent very little on it I decided to commit to the build and treat it to some Dura Ace and here it is, nearly finished.

Weight is 7.1kg inc pedals. I'll add some better photos soon.

Frame: 'Replica' S Works Tarmac SL6 Sagan edition. XL. 1156g inc headset, & BR60 bottom bracket
Forks: 'Replica' S Works Tarmac SL6. 315g
Seatpost: 'Replica' S Works Tarmac SL6, 176g
Wheels: Mavic Cosmic Carbon SLS Exalith
Skewers: Gold Ti QR
Tyres: Copntinental GP4000s II Folding 25mm, Schwalbe ExtraLight tubes
Chainset: Shimano R8000 Ultegra 50/34 Compact 172.5
BB: Shimano, BR60
Pedals: HT Components PK01-Ti, 169g/pr
Chain: KMC X11-EL
Cassette: Shimano R8000 Ultegra 11-32
Brake calipers: Shimano Dura Ace BR-9110 Direct Mount
Gear/Brake Levers: Shimano Dura Ace 9001
F/Mech: Shimano Dura Ace 9100
R/Mech: Shimano Dura Ace 9100
Saddle: Charge Knife Ti
Stem: Syntace F109 90mm, Ti bolts
Bar: 3T Ergonova Team carbon 44cm
Grip tape: Prime Race 2.5mm (double layered for comfort!)

I have a carbon railed saddle I'd like to put on but I need to get hold of new rail clamps, since it's a copy I'm not sure if the Specialized ones will fit. After that I'd like to upgrade to a DA crankset if a decent one turns up at a good enough price.

IMG_20220617_153239.jpg

IMG_20220617_153143.jpg

IMG_20220617_153154.jpg

IMG_20220617_153222.jpg

IMG_20220617_153215.jpg

Last edited:
Stay tuned, there are a few updates coming in the next couple of weeks! I've been trying to shed a few more grams to offset the weight of a faster/lovelier (though slightly heavier) set of wheels...

Also the current photo doesn't really do the glitter paint justice at the moment, I'll get some better ones of it shimmering in the sunshine!

Right, here are the photos I was waiting for. Still only taken on my old phone, but never mind. It's now got some nice wheels and one or two other changes since last time (a smattering of gold too). Just left to put on the carbon railed saddle when the new clamp arrives, lighter inner tubes, and I have another option for the brake calipers. I think it should be a fraction under 7kg when I'm done with those changes!

Back