Wanted S Works Stumpjumper M2 team frame....

Danbye

Retro Newbie
Hi there.

I am on a mission to build a Jason McRoy replica Stumpy M2 and so on the lookout for a frame.

Ideally would be a red Team edition frame in 15" but would look at the green colour that Specialized made and also non-team M2's (does need to be an S-Works though)

Cheers,
Dan

And so the journey begins for the next one... ; )

Hit @Peachy! up. He's got your forks sorted!

And there's the exact Azonic Shorty stem you need up on eBay UK right now, too.

And, while not exactly the correct wheelset, these would be pretty close if you're not going for an exact spot-on replica build (you won't be able to top @Spudly's anyway, which is why I chose to play fast and loose with mine, too!):

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Thanks, I bought the fork off of @Peachy! yesterday. I think Jase had XTR hubs laced up to Mavic ceramic rims and so I’ll try and source those and lace them up myself… any other tips gratefully received though - especially brakes, saddle and tyres…..

Ha! Amazing. And you couldn't have bought them from a better seller, too.

As for the hubs: Nope, definitely Hugi front and rear. On ceramic 121's though, that part's correct.

He ran an XTR drivetrain but not hubs.

As for tips, my main one would be to read this:

Everything you could ever need to know is in there. Along with the fact you'll never outdo it! ;)

The problem with a JMC build, is all the bits you need everyone else wants. And if they have them, they're going to cost a pretty penny.

The other thing is, the saddle and the tires are some of the hardest things you could ever try to find. So it'll all depend on just how specific and spot-on you're trying to be, or how much patience and coin you have.

I went a year earlier with frame, and then mixed up my component choice with other stuff I liked from the era, that was inspired by his bike as well as other things Spesh offered as upgrades around that time. I found adjusting my goals meant I had more chance finding stuff that worked, but also ended up with a bike that still felt like mine, without being a part-for-part replica build. It was more an homage to his bike and its vibe.

But hey, if you want to go full-on replica, it's a noble endeavor and there are plenty of others on here who have done it. @Spudly and @Joe*Pro have both done exceptional jobs. And I think a couple of other members have similar build aspirations on the go at the moment.

Someone literally bought the exact frame and fork combo you'd need off @Flow just last week, I believe.

So yeah, you're in good and exalted company!

And, while not exactly the correct wheelset, these would be pretty close if you're not going for an exact spot-on replica build (you won't be able to top @Spudly's anyway, which is why I chose to play fast and loose with mine, too!):

Yep a year or two too old for a JMC build, but currently very cheap!
I’ve got a set up for sale at more than double that, so I’m almost tempted to bid on those 😂
Pretty sure the seller is a member here also.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
@Danbye if you get bored looking for Specialized tyres and decide to go down the Smoke & Dart route I’ve got a set of Panaracer Smoke & Dart Competition Lite’s, excellent as new condition, with boxes, fitted to a wall hanger but never ridden that I might be persuaded to part with. 😎
6E89F280-F316-44A9-ABA7-7193D831D39B.jpeg 70D6D1CF-FB08-4FD1-9969-EF65FECA0A64.jpeg

Thanks @Peachy! i think i will try and be purest for the next while and then may resort to giving in and being a little more flexible.

Just managed to find some Avid Tri Lines out of the states and so will slog away at trying to make it a faithfull reproduction

@Danbye I’ve received notification that the forks have been signed for so hopefully your brother will get them off to New Zealand asap

Back