(S)WIN(DAL)STANLEYS done it again the idiots

cannondale king

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Iv'e been searching for a NOS pair of mavic X517 rims in silver 32 hole for ages now and on tuesday found a pair online at winstanleys bikes and to top it off they where marked as IN STOCK and to add to it even more with the to good to be true they where marked as £21.99 each with free delivery woop woop i thought and paid straight away then today i get this

Hi XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX,

This is a courtesy email to inform you of the progress of your order: XXXXXX.

Item(s) :Mavic X 517 Rim - Colour Options: Silver / Rim/Hub Holes: 32H / - we have tried to order this from the suppliers, however we have been informed that it is now discontinued.

Please contact our sales team if you require alternative product, a refund or to cancel your order on 01942 707646 or email customerservices@winstanleysbikes.co.uk.

If you require any further information, please don't hesitate to contact our sales team. You can now find exclusive offers on our Facebook pages or by following our Twitter feeds. Just click the links on our home pages.
Kindest regards,

Customer Services / Sales Department
www.winstanleysbikes.co.uk
www.winstanleysbmx.com

Sales Hotline: 01942 707646
Email: customerservices@winstanleysbikes.co.uk

this takes the mick they did this last time i ordered something and the time before that it took 3 months for a warranty claim when my charge spoon arrived and bent after 1 ride that is the last time i use these muppets im just wondering how long a refunds gonna take if a warranty claim took 3 months :cry: :cry: :cry: iv'e asked tem to refund back into my account in 24hr's i can safely say they wont do it :cry: :cry: Rant over :x

there a complete bunch of muppets how hard is it to update a site if your a bigish company if they didn't have any and put instock it wouldn't be hard to check to be on the safe side why say its insock if its not :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x MUPPETS :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

God help me if they phone me :x :x :x :x :x :x

RANT rant RANT rant RANT rant :oops:

cannondale king":2rrq4cf8 said:
there a complete bunch of muppets how hard is it to update a site if your a bigish company if they didn't have any and put instock it wouldn't be hard to check to be on the safe side why say its insock if its not :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x WINSTANLEYS YOU ARE MUPPETS :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

God help em if they phone me or send me a snidey email :x :x :x :x :x :x

RANT rant RANT rant RANT rant :oops:

+1 Ordered Middleburns that were IN STOCK and had exactly the same response :roll:

Many of these online store seem slow updating their web sites .I can understand how a busy firm can neglect these matters but i sure they would get round to it sometime.Not so with winstanley,seems they havent bothered looking at it for several years.

CK is very correct in his description :?
Muppets

Had similar when I was hunting for a mini PK Ripper for my daughter. Haf loads of older ones at excellent prices but actually had none when I rang. They did get me some Hope Tech brakes though that showed in stock and weren't very quickly though a year or so later.

Simple answer though. Don't use them again no matter how tempting the offer.
I routinely ignore them in any search results as they have such a bad name.

If it's any consolation I have had the same from Tredz, i.e. ordering an item I know is discontinued but they say they have in stock, only to turn out they were lying. Doubt they will get my business again either.

If they had proper stock control through an erp system then the website can be linked to it so that live stocks are shown.

this is kinda dragging out now i phoned winstanleys after they emailed to say email us back for a refund and got no reply spoke to a really helpful chap that said he'd have a look to see what retro rims in silver and 32 hole they had got a reply yesterday no rims so i ask for a refund (after saying if you cant find any rims give me a refund) then today email is there anything else you might want so i reply again REFUND how hard is it to get a refund from these muppets :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

Back