(s)..this is the end my friend...Bontrager Race Frame

Bikemäc

Retro Newbie
Hi Guys,

actually this is my first post, and i´ve got the feeling that this will be also my last one, because i gave up my hobby and sometimes there are more important things in life (which biking was a part of...) but when it comes to family business, you know what i´m talking about.

So i want to sell all that i got in my shed, starting with a Bontrager Race Frame in 17" from '91, with the small pulley on the seatstay/tube and the riveted dropouts.

Don´t be frightened from the looks, because it has a little bit more than a bit of rust in the bottom bracket area and a chainsuck, which was filled brazed, so in this area you see the repair. The chainsuck was only on the gusset, so it doesn´t reach the tube, and the rust is all on the surface, so the frame needs some love and definetly a new repaint, which i wanted to do, that´s why i bought the frame back in the days, with not a perfect paint job, because i wanted to put my own special color on it...

the sizing is at follows: Seat tube size m-m 38cm, m-top 42,5 cm, the Top tube lenght is m-m 54,5 cm and the Front tube lenght for the Fork is 10,5 cm long. Seat tube diameter is 26,8 mm and head tube is one inch.

It has no dents or dings in the frame, only the color chips off and it need a refreshing of the paint and a beadblasitng of the rust.

it comes with a sunkto cross fork, with straight blades in steel, which was professionally customized from 28" to 26", means the brake bosses were changed an brazed on professionaly. It can Take MTB-Tires up to 1,9". Afterwards it was powder coated in Black so it doesn´t need a Repaint, because it´s like new, the size of the forkblades is 410 mm and the lenght of the head tube is 220 mm, so this is ahead (one inch)

Seatpost is a Syncros in 425 mm Black with surface scratches at the end, around half the way (see photos)

a Shimano XT classic Headset which can be converted to ahead, in one inch and silver, used but in good condition

and a Tune AC 38 Titanium Bottom Bracket with 140 mm axle lenght, used but in very good condition.

So the whole set of Frame, Seatpost, Fork, Headset and Bottom Bracket is 300 GBP except shipping, which i would done with HERMES which will be around 30 GBP extra but with tracking etc.

I also have alot of other stuff to sell:

Some Ultra-Rare Clark Kent Front and Rear Hubs in a very, very good condition, only minor scratches from storage, 32 Hole, Rearhub has a Titanium Cassette and Titanium Axle, Front Hub is a bit like the Hope hubs with the Middle shell made from Titanium, i sell these beauties, refering to they are not to get anymore, for a respectable 270 GBP

i have a lot of other stuff which is hard to put here an a whole list, my suggestion is that you look here:

....Okay the system is telling my that i have to make 5 posts before i can put a URL here...so i have to make more posts...hmmm, well i´m gonna make a copy of my list of stuff and gonna put it here, then i´m gonna put the url for the photos, okay?

Look at the pics tell me what you like/what you want also sizing etc. and i can tell you how much the price is for shipping and handling etc.

i put the whole list on mtb-news (unfortunately in german, because im from Berlin :D )

so let me know when you are interested and help me getting rid of my addiction :D :oops:

Greets
Bikemäc

...the rest of the list...

Time Atac Clickies incl.Cleats, like new,black.....30 GBP

Sun Zero Rims (Satz), silver 32 H, like new........44 GBP

Point Singlespeed Foot, Chain Tensioner, black/orange, new in box, incl.Hardware.........13 GBP

the same Tensioner without Box and Hardware, but also new for 10 GBP

Point Chain Tensioner,used,black, with two pulleys....5 GBP

Suntour XC Pro Grease Guard Rear Hubs, like new, 36 H, silver,one with a 7speed-cassette-body in MD, one the same with a 7-speed-cassette-body in standard

Standard....15 GBP

MD incl.Twister..18 GBP

Ritchey Red Brake Pads, NIB, Set for Front and Rear, 18 GBP

Back