Rust on new bike ( and not a BSO either)

Re:

I disagree about compensation. You have a right to get the product you've paid for, and the shop has a responsibility to put it right for you, but how inconvenienced have you actually been? I wouldn't ask for compensation unless you had several major issues. Mistakes happen sometimes, and things just go wrong. A little understanding goes a long way.

Re:

I know steel rusts - I have enough steel bikes to have experienced this :)

But a new bike should not be delivered with rust, whilst it is not the start I wished for the new bike the dealer has dealt with it as he should and is embarrassed about the bikes condition.

All I am down is 20 miles worth of petrol, I have been off sick so could not have ridden the bike anyway.

The outcome is the most important thing :!:

Re:

Not sure weather it'd be an option but might be worth getting them to spray wax oil inside the frame but I assume they've put the bb etc back now.

Kyle

Re: Re:

kyle888":3v4pqmms said:
Not sure weather it'd be an option but might be worth getting them to spray wax oil inside the frame but I assume they've put the bb etc back now.

Kyle

I did think that, I checked the frame myself and so has the dealer and there is no sign of rust inside the frame.

I have been informed (reliably ??) that the forks and the frame were manufactured at different locations.

widowmaker":1mrc1qu5 said:

I did think that, I checked the frame myself and so has the dealer and there is no sign of rust inside the frame.

I have been informed (reliably ??) that the forks and the frame were manufactured at different locations.[/quote]

Yes, different locations for sure, the frame was made inside whereas the fork outside :facepalm:

02gf74":1ob8ma8o said:
widowmaker":1ob8ma8o said:

I have been informed (reliably ??) that the forks and the frame were manufactured at different locations.

Yes, different locations for sure, the frame was made inside whereas the fork outside :facepalm:[/quote]

:LOL:

Re:

I understand there is no rust inside the frame just stating it would be an ideal opportunity to protect it. :)

Kyle

kyle888":38a0hic9 said:
I understand there is no rust inside the frame just stating it would be an ideal opportunity to protect it. :)

Kyle

When I get the bike back, I may treat it with something like 'framesaver' over the winter.

Latest posts

Back